Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Respect for Brizzle thread

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
Full respect to Brizzle. Gave us a cracking game. I do feel sorry for them tho' !

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I was amazed at how quickly their end emptied. They weren't that vocal either, other than a bit of "red army" in the second half.
Team gave us a close match though.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
i personnaly think we were very lucky to get there

and bristol played more attacking football than us

but shit happens in football

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Was always going to be close but our team has got such amazing team spirit and desire you just can't count them out.

It could easily have swung the other way, so hard luck City and good luck next season (apart from the one over-confident muppet with the "Better Luck Next Year Brighton" banner, who deserves to be miserable).

Almost felt sorry for them, but then had to take a load of homophobic abuse on the way back to the park and ride, following the ridiculous similar hate fuelled nonsense at their place last month. I;m sure it is only the minority, but they are very vocal (and try to get physical) and really bring down City in my estimation.

I like the way they play football, but my experience of their fans is leading me to wish seroius failure on them in the future :angry:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I expected a little more from their side. Considering the numbers they brought, I thought the fans would be louder too. I presumed at half time that the sound just didn’t travel well, but after they did about 10 minutes of decent chanting (second half), I realised we could hear them it was just they had not made the noise before.

I also had all the expected drunken ‘banter’ on the way back to the P&R about gays, how we didn’t deserve to win, how we brought fcuk all fans and that we were all really French. Hmm defeat seemed to hit them hard. That said I think these were the drunken mindless minority and we also did we meet some decent fans who congratulated us after the game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No. f*** the lot of them (apart from Rick).

Got dropped off near the centre of town tonight wearing the stripes, a flag tied around my neck and another draped over my shoulder. Took all manner of abuse within the 3 or 4 minutes before I took a turning to a quieter spot. And was being followed by this time.

If you can't take losing, don't play the game. Tossers.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
chez said:
In my experience they were the bitterist loosers Ive met, we didnt stop getting abused from waiting for the park & ride bus until when we came off the M4 at 9pm. Tossers.
Agreed. Loads of them telling me 'we'll be straight back down' on the train, VERY sore losers. I hope they lose next years Div 2 Play Off Final as well.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They thought they only had to turn up to win.

After their semi final win they believed the were already in div 1. They seriously underestimated the Albion to their cost.

We seemed to have as many fans as they did so whats all this " took f*** all fans " crap. We outsung them for 80 of the 90 minutes.

Our defence marshalled their attacks with no bother at all. No shots on target for 90 minutes prove that. We hit the bar and got amoungst them to get the penalty.

In my book we deserved to win.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
yep there's a lot of sour grapes on their website ..... but also tunring their venom on Danny Wilson

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I thought that they were very bad losers. All a group of their fans could say was how rubbish we were and how we would be going down again next year. Tossers.

:nono:

Last edited:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I expected Brizzle to throw more at us than they did and their attack was half hearted a lot of the time. One heart stopping moment was when Roberts fell over and one of their defenders landed on top of him - even then they were unable to take the advantage. Our defence was solid and while we didn't play brilliantly you have got to take the players' nerves into account - it cannot have been easy playing in such an important game, in the heat of the stadium.

I say Well Done Lads and looking forward to next Season.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf: :falmerspi :falmerspi :falmerspi :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf: :falmerspi :falmerspi :falmerspi

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Met quite a few after the game on the way back to the car and without fail all were perfectly decent losers - absolutely no problems at all, they were more interested in having a pop at Cardiff.

Full respect to them.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Sorry I have just turned the well done Brizzle thread into I love you Albion. Ah well never mind, Brizzle were crap anyhow.:lolol:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
They were complete and utter c**ts.. We were stuck in that traffic jam coming out of Cardiff, minding our own business when these two blokes in this mini van got out and tried to nick our flags, they nearly pulled the car window out! They gave up in the end... Talk about being bitter! :angry:

Funny thing is I did have sympathy for them until that happened... now they can f*** right off!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
for MattBackHome, you obviously weren't on the Salisbury train with me......................almost entirely, bitter, sour, moaning gits. Had to squeeze past a load of 'em to get to the loo......they threatened to throw me off of the train. I hope they make the final again next year.......and lose one nil, to a late penalty. Oh and another thing, that idiot Coles was still swearing at the ref after the final the final whistle bleating on that it wasn't a penalty. Ridiculous, he lost his head and gave the victory to The Albion. Blatant penalty. Enjoy Div 2 again next year City, you got what your delightful supporters deserved.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here