Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reserves v Crawley tonight...

I was going to do my own report of sorts but I couldn't be arsed! Most of the genuine excitement was confined to the last period of extra time. I missed part of the first period thanks to taking my daughter home who "was cold". Considering this was a very inexperenced Brighton team bar Mayo, Jones, and Watson, it was a good performance against from what I could tell, was a full strength Crawley team. Special mention should also go to Chris May who pulled off two fantastic reflex saves during the last period. The Argus points the finger at him for Crawleys second goal which I think is harsh. The conditions last night were awful and towards the end, May's penalty area was reduced to a swamp. Chris May looks a good prospect. He just needs to grow a few more inches!.......

http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/sport/SPORT2.html

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pretty shit game really, El Abd scored a decent goal from about 25 yrads, drilled into the bottom corner. Wouldn't raelly say May was at afult for the goal although he did spill a cross but it w landed right in front of him as he was diving forward and a couple of players ran across his eyeline and as Zeitgest says, the penalty area was in a pretty sorry state by then.

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
Zeitgeist said:
...against from what I could tell, was a full strength Crawley team.
Not quite. ???

Likely starters on Saturday who started last night:

Ian Simpemba, Sean Hankin, Neil Jenkins, John Robinson and Simon Wormull

So that would be a no then unless the Conference is some 5-a-side league and we're not putting a keeper out.

Either Marney or Healy may start, as MacDonald is suspended, possible Healy on last night's showing. Otherwise neither would be in the starting 11.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here