Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Request - Pictures of the 1990 play off strip

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Just wondering if anyone has handy a high quality picture of the back of the Notts County play off final shirt and a picture of the shorts and socks? Im after seeing what colour and font the numbers were on the shirt (my TSB away has no numbers on) and of there were any other logos/badges on the shorts and socks.

Thanks in advance
Gary

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just wondering if anyone has handy a high quality picture of the back of the Notts County play off final shirt and a picture of the shorts and socks? Im after seeing what colour and font the numbers were on the shirt (my TSB away has no numbers on) and of there were any other logos/badges on the shorts and socks.

Thanks in advance
Gary

The shirt you mention in fact had NOBO on it, not TSB, the backs had a plain black number, in a felt type material embossed on. The best I can do for an image of the back is below.

On the sleeves ther is a Football League badge sewn on each.

My version of the shirt is a "blood" shirt as it has no number on the back.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• new-1.jpg
    new-1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 385
  • IMGP0138 (Small).JPG
    IMGP0138 (Small).JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 384

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seriously, Warnock and County must have said "we are NOT losing at Wembley to a bunch of planks playing in a kit like THAT". Dreadful, dreadful kit. I remember being embarrassed by it on the day.

:nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've we'd been in our home kit that day, we'd have WON that Playoff final.
FACT.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
cheers for the pics Phil and Mendoza. I know it was Nobo on the front but as there is only one jammy git with a shirt I have to use the TSB one for reference :(
And I know the game was in 1991, I tend to use the season dates as the year the season started rather than finished so its 1990/91 :)

Any chance of a closer pic of the football league logo Phil? Im going to have a go at painting this onto a Subbuteo player myself, something to make me go mad :) Thank god there are no player names to go on there

Gary

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Gary,

I am pretty sure my pink TSB kit has the football league logos sewn on, and i can take a photo of them and email them to you or post them on here when I get home tonight.

If they are not on the pink kit, they are on one of the kits I have at home

think it is different to this one
endsleig.gif

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Pay attention to me me me me!

For clarity on your Subbuteo shirt, bear in mind the "Wembley 1991" is embroidered, wherease the "NOBO" is embossed felt. The logo is embossed plasticised material. The football league badges are also embroidered.

Attachments

• DSCN0642 [800x600].JPG
    DSCN0642 [800x600].JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 292
  • DSCN0637 [800x600].JPG
    DSCN0637 [800x600].JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCN0640 [800x600].JPG
    DSCN0640 [800x600].JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 289
  • DSCN0641 [800x600].JPG
    DSCN0641 [800x600].JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 288

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
cheers again

I dont think with the size that it will come out that you will be able to tell if the text is embroiderd or embossed lol

If this comes out ok I will be amazed, probably the hardest shirt to try to do.

Does anyone know what colour shirt Perry Digweed was wearing? and were Ian Chapman and John Byrne the only 2 subs?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
think you're right about the subs, think the keeper was wearing green with black sleeves and black tracksuit bottoms.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Standard Digweed then :)

Im just glad there were no names on the shirts then, should save a while :)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Then about 8000 turned up for the first home game against Tranmere Rovers

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Make sure you show us a pic of this delightfully attired team won't you

Hehe I will, unfortunately the wife has got me doing loads of painting, the spare room :( so might not have anything until the end of the weekend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here