Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Repossession, Repossession, Repossession

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just catching up on this from Wednesday night.

Amazing how many people cannot take any responsibility for the debt they are in - like they never spent the money in the first place.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
In days gone by, someone judged how much money they had by what was in the bank.

Nowadays many people seem to judge it by what their credit card/s limit is.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FFS how can you have a £22K overdraft

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I agree - far too many have no self control, and that might be ok occasionally going mad and having a heavy night on the beers, but to live well beyond your means long term is f**king stupid. There are many genuine people who get into debt to survive but also so many people just buy things they can't afford - the pay now, deal with it later brigade.

Serves them right if they end up on shit street IMO, but to counter the argument slightly many of the banks and building societies are far too quick to give loans and credit cards and overdrafts when consumers have practically bugger in way of collateral. I might be a bit old school but I'll only buy something if I've got the cash (with the exception of my mortgage - which I can afford).

Seeing some of those people losing their houses over debt seemed pretty sad, but hey at least they had the latest flatscreen TV's and PC's and cars....

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Would you lend to somebody that couldn't pay it back?

No, it makes no sense so why do the banks do it?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Would you lend to somebody that couldn't pay it back?

No, it makes no sense so why do the banks do it?

Exactly. Of course it's irresponsible to spend money you haven't got but if you give people enough rope there's plenty of people who will hang themselves.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Exactly. Of course it's irresponsible to spend money you haven't got but if you give people enough rope there's plenty of people who will hang themselves.

To a certain extent yes but you could argue it is good business if the person eventually pays it back after interest added.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am assuming that none of you are actually 'self employed', when you actually take a calculated risk and then if successful, employ other people and drive our economy forward !!

However if demand dips and competition strenghtens, take China for an example , then you might find that your house that you gave as a guarantee might be repossesed. Silly irresponsible people !!!

You non risk takers, non contributers to our driven economy are sooo clever, with all your non debt !!

Look at your BOSS maybe just maybe if he didnt take that risk YOU wouldnt have a job.

Never realised that there were sooo many Civil Servants that posted :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am assuming that none of you are actually 'self employed', when you actually take a calculated risk and then if successful, employ other people and drive our economy forward !!

However if demand dips and competition strenghtens, take China for an example , then you might find that your house that you gave as a guarantee might be repossesed. Silly irresponsible people !!!

You non risk takers, non contributers to our driven economy are sooo clever, with all your non debt !!

Look at your BOSS maybe just maybe if he didnt take that risk YOU wouldnt have a job.

Never realised that there were sooo many Civil Servants that posted :)

Owe a bit do we ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
i'll take that as you are employed always have been employed and will continue to be employed till the day you die !

Hardly a 'mover & a shaker' then.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Really so see you on Monday for a 1:1

Sorry, I am getting reposessed on Monday, and you my friend dont need to come in Monday, you aint gotta job !!

So looks like you gotta a shed load of debt coming your way, you irresponsible fool ....... ;)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry, I am getting reposessed on Monday, and you my friend dont need to come in Monday, you aint gotta job !!

So looks like you gotta a shed load of debt coming your way, you irresponsible fool ....... ;)

Debt free thanks ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here