Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replica Watches - yay nor nay?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I doubt that Santa can stretch to a Tag Heuer Monaco watch this year (£2,500ish), so was considering buying a replica after the festivities had died down.

However, from what I've read in the paper and seen on the news 'fake' goods can fund crime and are often crap quality.

So, my NSC brethren, should I steer clear of 'replica' watches? Is there any particular place I could look to get a decent quality replica that doesn't fund Osama or drugs?

Or should I stick to real (not fake) watches?

The real deal:
tag-heuer-monaco-1969-original-re-edition-chrono-watch.jpg

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Naay from me - if you can't afford the real thing then don't try to look like you can. It's a bit like owning a Porsche Boxter (quote Clarkson i think)...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Naay from me - if you can't afford the real thing then don't try to look like you can. It's a bit like owning a Porsche Boxter (quote Clarkson i think)...

And with that one line you have talked me out of it. God point, very well made. :thumbsup:

you can get a nice emporio armani watch similar to that for around 120 quid, thats what i wear

Yup, I have a few watches in that sort of price range (I like watches, they're lovely :love:), I might check out Mr Armani after yuletide if I still have a hankering.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Naah, go for quality above something that just says "fake flash"...if you really want a good name then buy second-hand, if you go to a reputable jeweller then you should pick up a bargain...or go for something that suggests originality rather than just following fashion. Quality is permanent, fashion is temporary!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I spent alot of money on a watch around 18 years ago and it is still a classic and in great condition, don't go for a fake

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know that I am old but buying an expensive watch to me seems pointless as it tells the same time as my Seiko which I was given as a birthday presernt some 20 years ago and is still going strong I cant remember the last tiome I changed the battery and I have never had it repaired so why should I spend hundreds when £60 would do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here