Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remove Leon Knight from the "Legends' Wall"?

Get rid of Leon Knight from outside the West Stand?

• Yes - get rid

Votes: 502 86.9%
  • No - leave him there

Votes: 76 13.1%

• Total voters

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
OK to OGH and Kuipers but the fact that Mullers isnt up there dwarves everything else. If this wasnt an iconic moment, what is?

Whether or not Leon should be removed, this would make a cool alternative

bha2.jpg

huge

Mar 23, 2011
You're right - he is a disgrace.

You've made two separate points here - and I fully accept and agree with you on the first: that when you have an image set up of yourself in this way you automatically become an ambassador, or rolemodel, and that kids should not be brought up idolise 'bad' people. However I'd still argue that it's the sporting achievement which is being celebrated in this case rather than the man himself, hence the 'iconic moments' theme. I agree that there may become a time where someone's actions outside of the sporting world mean they develop a notoriety that means it's impossible to view their sporting achievements in the same light (e.g. OJ Simpson.) But I don't think that Leon is anywhere near that place.

The second point, about being binned from all other clubs is, i feel, irrelevant to the argument.

So dispite being a disgrace your happy to have him next to all those players from the past? That's going to be one of our heros is it?
I understand that the sporting achievement should to a degree be seperate to your personal life. But there does come a point when that distinction becomes blurred.

This is a man who as one of our "heros" was dumped in the New Forest for his bahavior on the team bus by the then Brighton Manager MCGhee. This is a man that so annoyed Rushden & Diamonds F.C. That they sacked him but retained his English football registration. So pissed them off that they activated a clause allowing them to extend his contract for a further year just so he couldn't play in England!!! What sort arsehole do you have to be for a club to actively want to hurt you on that level? No "your sacked get out of here" they sacked him and held his career back by 4 years!!!!

This is the man who was posting naked pictures of people he didn't even know on twitter to hurt them. Compleat strangers in an attempt to degrade and humilitate them.

He might have been a Brighton legend for a season but he's actions everywhere he goes, football club or personal life, are an utter disgrace.

I for one am ashamed to walk past his image every home game and I hope the club feel the same.

Massively dissapointed if the club took to acknowledging his sporting achievement over what he as a man represents. With this in mind I think how he behaved at other clubs has everything to do with him being a Brighton legend.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't care less what he has done sonce he left us, bottom line is he didn't do enough in the time he was with us to justify being a legend. That's it for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Leon Knight - enough is enough

"The banners outside the West Stand have created a lot of debate since they were erected last summer, and we will be launching an opportunity for fans to vote for those past players they think should adorn the banners. Obviously, that could include those ex players already there, or new suggestions. Details will be announced soon, but what has become known as a "Wall of Legends" can become an official, fans' hall of fame."

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
He's just tweeted that Brighton will always be a special club to him and has posted the video that we show pre match

With the rest of the stuff he tweets, I'd rather he tweeted that he hated us than let anyone infer there's still some kind of bond between us in 2012.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
I voted to leave him there although I can understand that he was/is a frustrating little erk but he did win us matches that made us all jump for joy.
I voted to leave him there because there is plenty of room for new entries.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I voted to leave him there although I can understand that he was/is a frustrating little erk but he did win us matches that made us all jump for joy.
I voted to leave him there because there is plenty of room for new entries.
Fair comment. Although there is plenty of room, I can't help thinking there is still a limit though, and there are so many players that are more deserving of a place.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Leon Knight - enough is enough

"The banners outside the West Stand have created a lot of debate since they were erected last summer, and we will be launching an opportunity for fans to vote for those past players they think should adorn the banners. Obviously, that could include those ex players already there, or new suggestions. Details will be announced soon, but what has become known as a "Wall of Legends" can become an official, fans' hall of fame."

What a slippery cop-out by the club. Sort it out Albion FFS!

Bag of CACK. :glare:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't care less what he has done sonce he left us, bottom line is he didn't do enough in the time he was with us to justify being a legend. That's it for me.

Nor did Paul Rogers or at least two others on that wall but they're up there.
:shrug:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Totally different situation and no comparison.

I don'yt know about that. Cricket could give a guide here.

The recent captain of Somerset in the Botham/Richards, Peter Roebuck died under a cloud of allegations involving offences in South africa. What's in the pavilion down in Taunton?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Get rid and replace with Gary Hart. OGH may not have been the greatest player but his efforts during our darkest days and the journey from Gillingham to the AMEX deserve recognition.

Would support that. The Stevenage transfer saga is part of the legend, the trainining kit etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here