Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remind me, why did I go to Blackpool v Albion, years ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was in the dark days.
Obviously all the Blackpool stuff has reminded me of our trip, only now, amazing memory man that I am, I can't remember exactly why we went.

Was it our last game, pre sale of Beeney?

Shamefacedly, I have to admit to never having been to watch a game at Blackpool.

The last time I was in that fair town, though, I was pleased to see my kids carve out - in HUGE writing - the words "ARCHER OUT!" on the beach.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Last time I went we won 2-0 and Harty scored. It was a midweek evening game. Must be about 10 years ago.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
seem to remember playing blackpool in the late seventies when a young keeper was starting there... was it John Lukic?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Last time I went it was the middle of that petrol strike, fun times.

Yes, that was a good night.

About 450 Albion fans jumping up and down singing "We ain't got no petrol...we ain't got no petrol...la la la...la la la..."

I think it was on a Tuesday night - one bloke finally got back to Sussex on Thursday afternoon. :lol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Great away venue, a must for all away fans...Booze, birds, lap dancing clubs, nightlife and the pleasure beach and more booze,,top weekend. Think we lost 3-0 or 3-1 to pissed to remember.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was there for a 1-0 win in mid winter during the glory years.

It was f f f ffreezing.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I remember going up to a September midweek game in the mid-90's with Costa Coaches. Got there at 6pm so my mate and I legged it down to the Pleasure Beach to go on the Pepsi Max Big One that had not long opened. Had a ride on the rollercoaster left by a side exit to grab a quick couple of beers in the pub and visited a chip shop to get some dinner and then got a cab back to the ground in time for a 7:30 kick off. Finished the evening with the coach driver giving us a trip along the seafront to see the illuminations.

Sadly, having remembered all that detail I've got no idea of the score but think Paul McCarthy may have scored for us.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Been twice once a mid week game back in the early or mid 90s in the evening and they had a subsitute goal keeper warming up who was black with bad dreadlocks and all the Brighton fans were singing "are you whoopi goldberg in disguise" and all fairness he laughed it off and clapped us back.... i think 1-1 and same game as above poster !

The other about 4 years ago in the open air in a temprary section that was shit, recall being herded like cattle by the old bill from a pub to the ground, we lost i think 2-0

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
I used to go to college in Blackpool and witnessed what I think was our first away game when we got promoted to the old Div 2 in 1970 ( I think ). We got tonked 6-2 and have to say it was pretty embarrassing . I was well chuffed they won yesterday.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Went to a midweek game in the '90s. Left Kent at lunchtime, drove to Blackpool, stopped in to see my sis in Chester and got in about 4:00. What a birthday that was!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
done three games up there - we've havent won any of them

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've never been to Blackpool, but I do remember the 4-0 wins against them at Withdean! :) Good times. Michel Kuipers, take a bow son. What a save!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Been once, 95-96 season, we definitely lost, maybe 2-1, very few away fans present, it was that dismal relegation season from League One to Two, so wasn't expecting much but had a great weekend. I do remember my then girlfriend standing on the terraces reading a book during the match. I would bet quite a lot of money that is the only football match she ever went to.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Been once, 95-96 season, we definitely lost, maybe 2-1, very few away fans present, it was that dismal relegation season from League One to Two, so wasn't expecting much but had a great weekend. I do remember my then girlfriend standing on the terraces reading a book during the match. I would bet quite a lot of money that is the only football match she ever went to.

i remember that - a huge uncovered terrace behind the goal of which only half was open

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here