Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF: Website help needed.Any CHARITY minded web experts out there?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And by there, of course, I mean NSC.

As the sort of press officer for the REMF I have been looking at revamping the REMF's website.

Was hoping there might be someone on here who would be able to help with the techno side of it?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm no expert, I just like tinkering on websites for a bit of a hobby.

If nobody else puts there hand up I'm sure i could help with advice to spruce it up to look a bit more updated than it is now.

I can PM you a link to a website I created to show what kind of design you can do if required.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And by there, of course, I mean NSC.

As the sort of press officer for the REMF I have been looking at revamping the REMF's website.

Was hoping there might be someone on here who would be able to help with the techno side of it?

Link please.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Found the link... that will take a fair bit of revamping, like complete clean sheet and start again. I am very busy currently, up at 6.15am not home til gone 7pm... I'd be interested in helping out in some capacity, maybe building templates for someone else to populate, which I would assume would be a back end SQL database for you to be able to make your own inputs. How desperate are you to get this done?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Found the link... that will take a fair bit of revamping, like complete clean sheet and start again. I am very busy currently, up at 6.15am not home til gone 7pm... I'd be interested in helping out in some capacity, maybe building templates for someone else to populate, which I would assume would be a back end SQL database for you to be able to make your own inputs. How desperate are you to get this done?

It may be worth using an off-the-shelf CMS, such as Wordpress, for this to take advantage of the numerous templates, plugins and other modifications that already exist.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Use a pre-constructed template perhaps and then just rejig it to suit the REMF's needs?

Wouldn't take that long that way and they are generally easy to update when required.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Actually what Bozza said about a CMS and in particular Wordpress is a good idea as it is built for the beginner and is open source and therefore free. May be worth looking at? If however you want to go down the road of developing your own template, then as I said I will see what time I have and happily help.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thanks for the advice offers of help etc.

Basically, I am basically a complete novice HTML and web design. At work I do a lot on the web, but have an easy upload system built round Atex.

I was thinking a complete re-launch of the website, but all it would need is a front page and an easily updatable news section, a history of the REMF page and possibly a gallery.

I guess wordpress would probably be easiest (from what little I know of it) and we have the domain name which I assume we could still use.

Once it is set up, I will do all the updating etc, just need some guidance on getting it off the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here