Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Presentation - A Thank You - The Good Side

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
With all the hoohaa after Tuesday the REMF presentation on the pitch at half time has been completely forgotten.

Firstly thanks very much to Paul Camillin who has been absolutely superb in laying on hospitality and making the Eatons feel like the Stars of the Night. I know they were very impressed and moved greatly by the presentation and also the superb piece in the programme and the fantastic pa and acknowledgement from Richie Reynolds.

When the whole stadium started to applaud the REMF, the whole group were emotional, it was a wonderful moment. The fact the Palace fans gave a great round of applause as well was great with the rivalry put aside for a couple of minutes.

Laura loved the flowers as well and the well done REMF on the big screens.

Thanks also to Teresa Sanders from the Seagulls Specials , Martin Scholley from the Kickz Project, Richie Morris and Will Jago for the match programme and Roz South and Everest for the photo's.

The REMF shows the good side of the BHAFC and CPFC rivalry and balances the downside of Tuesday which unfortunately has taken all the interest. The REMF has built up a mutual respect between the clubs over 10 years and I know the CPFC REMF players and supporters are just decent football loving people exactly the same as BHAFC REMF players and supporters.

Thats why we were keen to give both sets of fans and especially CPFC fans ackowledgment and applause at the Amex as this presentation was the culmination of 10 years hard work and without CPFC it would not have achieved what it has.

So everyone remember this and don't let the idiots and people who shame our clubs ruin this new relationship with Palace as, as far as I am , and everyone else is concerned, the REMF will continue to go from strength to strength but only with the support and mutual respect of both clubs.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Hear, hear. If there are any positives to be taken from tuesday, it surely this. Well done to all concerned.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I'm honest I felt it was a bit of a shame that the full £33,000 went ENTIRELY to Albion charities. Surely it would have been better to announce that some of it went to some South London projects? (I am well aware they have received donations in the past)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If I'm honest I felt it was a bit of a shame that the full £33,000 went ENTIRELY to Albion charities. Surely it would have been better to announce that some of it went to some South London projects? (I am well aware they have received donations in the past)

We are on this Simeon. The projects are not " Albion " charities as such. They receive no funding whatsoever from BHAFC but it is true they are local to Brighton and Sussex and that is why the REMF is keen to support a major project in the Croydon area in 2012.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Possibly to be announced in time for the CPFC V BHAFC match at the end of January 2012.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This was indeed the only good thing about Tuesday. I know you take a bit of stick on here sometimes US, but you and everyone else involved should be very proud of what you've done with this.

Don't try and dilute the rivalry too much, though - we've only just got it back. Tuesday was the first time we've played them on an even footing (yeah, I know it didn't look like that on the pitch..) for 22-23 years. A match like this week is never going to be played in quite the same spirit as an REMF match.

But there are more important things in life and I'm glad to hear the Eatons are still involved and continue to be given some comfort from the excellent REMF work.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
As you said it had been forgotten as I had no idea it even happened! Well done to all involved and my hats off to EVERYONE for those few minutes where everything was put aside the the REMF was recognized!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We are on this Simeon. The projects are not " Albion " charities as such. They receive no funding whatsoever from BHAFC but it is true they are local to Brighton and Sussex and that is why the REMF is keen to support a major project in the Croydon area in 2012.

Possibly to be announced in time for the CPFC V BHAFC match at the end of January 2012.

Appropriate I think. :clap2:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Well done US, don't think a lot of it would happen without you. :salute:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Douglas Eaton was moved by all the fans wanting to shake his hand whilst he walked around the ground.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its just a shame that these presentations are done at half time when a lot of the ground is partly empty, whether its the 1901ers who disappear until the second half is 5 minutes old or the "normal" fans who go off to do what they feel is important at half time - I have thought this with all of the half time stuff - I don't know what the answer is though.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its just a shame that these presentations are done at half time when a lot of the ground is partly empty, whether its the 1901ers who disappear until the second half is 5 minutes old or the "normal" fans who go off to do what they feel is important at half time - I have thought this with all of the half time stuff - I don't know what the answer is though.

If we did it before the game it would be about 30 minutes before and there would be even fewer fans. We were pleasantly surprised with the amount of people in the stands, at least 10000 I would say.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Might i just very respectfully suggest that you include this in your thinking................

After all as if living in Croydon was not bad enough....

Welcare - Croydon

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It included some scattered words on the big screen from my best friend from 4-11, Martin Schooley. I think he was responsible for getting me a Brighton shirt with the signatures of all the team when i was in that coma almost 6 years ago too. A good guy, Martin.
if someone wants to PM me and sort out getting that shirt sold to raise a small amount for REMF, then please do. It means something to me, that shirt, but it's hanging unworn and i'd be happy for it to be sold for good causes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If we did it before the game it would be about 30 minutes before and there would be even fewer fans. We were pleasantly surprised with the amount of people in the stands, at least 10000 I would say.

I agree before the game wouldn't have worked, as I said I don't know what the answer is - I just cannot understand why so many people have to wander off at half time.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If it's any consolation it came over extremely well on the radio. Really glad the Eatons enjoyed the occasion.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If it's any consolation it came over extremely well on the radio. Really glad the Eatons enjoyed the occasion.

What did they cover Brovian ?.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The bit I heard (and bear in mind I was doing stuff like getting more beer out of the fridge etc) was the interview with you. Not sure if it was live or a piece you'd done beforehand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here