Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remember thos that won't be here

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I know Spurs was the official opening and all that but tomorrow is the big day ... drop a line for those that won't be here tomorrow...

Edit: My spelling sucks

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
e-1.gif

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
It will be emotional for a lot of people there I should imagine. Each will deal with it in their own way :smile:

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Sorry I beg to differ, the Spurs friendly / official opening of Amex was time to remember all those that we have lost. Michael Toat singing Abide with Me, reduced me to tears as I remembered my family members who are no longer with me. The Memorial in Hove Park opposite Goldstone site was again opened by Dick Knight on the morning of the Spurs fixture. Mr Poyet has clearly stated its about the football on Saturday.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not getting into a bitchfest dude, just think this means more than ramp ups

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Not getting into a bitchfest dude, just think this means more than ramp ups

No not at all, dont mean anything by it. Just voicing my understanding of the meaning of the official opening. I totally appreciate your comments, tomorrows game is massive and there will be plenty of emotion.
Enjoy the day my friend

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No not at all, dont mean anything by it. Just voicing my understanding of the meaning of the official opening. I totally appreciate your comments, tomorrows game is massive and there will be plenty of emotion.
Enjoy the day my friend

You too, I have been terribly emotional all day, tomorrow is going to be awful, in a nice sense.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Mr. Poyet doesn't speak for every fan that will be there tomorrow. If you can't see that actually it might be about more than the match, it is a wee bit sad :smile:

Seagull1967

Aug 8, 2009
Barnsley
The loss of a good friend a few years back and not seeing the new stadium. I will be thinking of him and others who are not as lucky. A pround and emotional day!! All of you who are going have a great day.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Stayed away from the Spurs game deliberately....Tomorrow I will have my thoughts with my father who helped the battle for us to "enjoy tomorrow"
It's 3 minutes past eleven now and it feels like Christmas eve. Don' think I can sleep

Stayed away from the Spurs game deliberately....Tomorrow I will have my thoughts with my father who helped the battle for us to "enjoy tomorrow"
It's 3 minutes past eleven now and it feels like Christmas eve. Don' think I can sleep

Have you hung your stocking up and put some carrots and mince pies out though?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The loss of a good friend a few years back and not seeing the new stadium. I will be thinking of him and others who are not as lucky. A pround and emotional day!! All of you who are going have a great day.
my sentiments exactly I won't be there so even more emotional
Doug will be somewhere there and clenching his fist when we get 3 points

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I'll be thinking of my old man from the moment I wake tomorrow. He took me to the Goldstone back in the mid 70s when I was a mere toddler. Whenever we spoke the first topic of conversation was always the Albion. If this ground had been built when it was first mooted, then he'd have been there, as it was he didn't make it. I'll be having a beer for him - quite what he would have thought of my WSU seat is another thing - we were always in the East when I was a kid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here