Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remember this record at all?

D

Deleted User X18H

'The Goldstone Rap' was originally recorded as a B-Side to 'In Brighton' a year before. Here:

goldstonerapstudio.jpg

Hip-hop don't stop!

From the left; Gordon Smith, Steve Gatting, Perry Digweed, Andy Ritchie, Jimmy Case, Gary Williams, Gary Stevens, Gerry Ryan, Michael Robinson, Steve Foster.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
From the left; Gordon Smith, Steve Gatting, Perry Digweed, Andy Ritchie, Jimmy Case, Gary Williams, Gary Stevens, Gerry Ryan, Michael Robinson, Steve Foster.

Nice one, Tim.

Are those Farah Slacks?

D

Deleted User X18H

There was another song a bloke sang - cant remember what it was or who sang it but remember the words being something like Seeeeeeaagulls flying high ?? Anyone remember this??

Oh you know when we wear white and blue when it comes to point we're having two.......keep moving.

Got places to go teams to beat, look at that football ain't it neat.......SEAGUUULLLLSSSS flying high SEAGULLLSSSSSS .......oh those lovely Seagulls... fill your eye.

We've hung around this League to long we're too good and we're too strong keep moving etc etc.

You get the message.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Didn't Gordon Smith record a song?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
MISSing you?

You jest and, yet, you're very close! It was called 'We'll Follow You' according to an Albion programme from 1983/84: 'He played all the guitar parts and sang on an album of Rangers songs. One of his own songs, 'We'll Follow You', is one of the strongest tracks on the album.'

gordonsmithguitar.jpg

Not sure where I could find this sectarian album!

Last edited:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
There was another song a bloke sang - cant remember what it was or who sang it but remember the words being something like Seeeeeeaagulls flying high ?? Anyone remember this??

I have a copy of that on vinyl just a few feet from where I am currently sitting now!! Not heard it in a while though due to not having a record player!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have a copy of that on vinyl just a few feet from where I am currently sitting now!! Not heard it in a while though due to not having a record player!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

What's the singer's name? My copy is in my loft and I'm not clambering up there tonight.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What's the singer's name? My copy is in my loft and I'm not clambering up there tonight.

Ted Young. B-side is called 'Dirty Old Guitar'.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I think Boys In The Old Brighton Blue was written by the bloke that used to be the lead singer in Brighton punk band the Depressions.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
@ goldstone rapper - have spoken to fella about mix - he says it's going to take a bit of 'tweaking' but he's on it!!! Will let you know how it goes!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
@ goldstone rapper - have spoken to fella about mix - he says it's going to take a bit of 'tweaking' but he's on it!!! Will let you know how it goes!

I'm really looking forward to the outcome of this :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here