Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Religious nutters put women's health at risk (again)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
More importantly than anything, there's a guy in this article called Mr Balls.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I sort of see their point. There is always the option at the GP surgery.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
yes but if it contradicts there views and religion is it appropriate, the parents can always go to the GP.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah I think the thread title is a SLIGHT over-reaction.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Roman Catholics needs to pull theirs collective heads out of the Pope's arse, if you ask me.

ye ole random dude

Feb 14, 2008
Finland
But perhaps going to your GP for the injection might be off-putting for young students whereas getting it at school voluntarily would be the easiest and simplest option and as the article says could save hundreds of lives a year. Thought the schools governors letters to the parents seemed rather naive, and as the parent would perhaps be more concerned about cancer than nausea and headaches.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
But perhaps going to your GP for the injection might be off-putting for young students whereas getting it at school voluntarily would be the easiest and simplest option and as the article says could save hundreds of lives a year. Thought the schools governors letters to the parents seemed rather naive, and as the parent would perhaps be more concerned about cancer than nausea and headaches.

Indeed. And other children may have parents who can't be arsed to take them to the GP.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
This is all about head in the sand prudishness. They bring up some inconsequential detail about side effects to justify their stance, but basically this is your good old fashioned " if we don't mention sex perhaps the kids won't shag like bunnies" approach.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As a relapsed (thank God) Catholic I find the attitude of the morons who control that sect and their equally stupid followers to be no better than the most rabid followers of any fundamentalist religion.

It's high time we did away with separate religious schools and in fact it would be a good thing if did what the American Education system has done (about the only decent thing about it) and banned religion from all state schools. If you want to bring up your children in the religion of your choice then you should do it and not the state.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This is all about head in the sand prudishness. They bring up some inconsequential detail about side effects to justify their stance, but basically this is your good old fashioned " if we don't mention sex perhaps the kids won't shag like bunnies" approach.

The real irony of that is that the Catholic Church is ultimately responsible for the chronic over population of many countries in South America and anywhere else where they have spread their Gospel which has led to severe poverty. Yes people do have a lot of sex but are damned if they use contraception.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
It will be banned at my daughters school as well, they sent us home a "What do you think...." form and based their decision from that. The scheme is not being introduced this year around here I don't think, but when it is they will opt out.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Having read the article, it seems to me, that the school have made a sensible decision.

They are NOT saying , that the children shouldn,t be vaccinated..............just that the school is an inappropriate place to administer the injection.

The side effects can be nausea, stiff joints etc etc...........Much better that a child is at home immediately after the injection if these side effects occur, than sitting in a classroom and maybe embarrassment from their peers stopping them from speaking to teachers.

Also, how many children would see this as an ideal opportunity to be brought home from school by their parents, by faking these possible side effects. The school office would be overwhelmed with making phone-calls, calling parents out of their workplace.

Lastly, I remember so well when I was at school for some injection, and the wonderful "horror" stories from the older children saying how HUGE the needle was etc etc etc. Some of the boys in the queue were terrified.

All in all, a good decision by the school.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
By sanctioning the jab they chip a little more away of whats left of childhood. The official Catholic line is abstinance until marraige, ideally, but in practice the jab condones underage sex.
They should really all be given a contraceptive jab that then renders them unable to get pregnant till a minimum of 21...... or is that a little right wing ?:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here