Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

relegation release clauses

Oct 25, 2003
there are a fair few members on here who claim to be 'in the know' so i'll throw this question out to you all

does anyone know which players in our squad have relegation release clauses?

and if they do, is it for £0 like Carole had?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I should imagine pretty much all the best ones... Next season could be very very desperate if we do drop. :(

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would appear by the way some of them have been playing at home relegation is a contractual obligation they've been aiming to fulfil, not avoid...

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
I would hazard a guess, though I am not in the know and have no info from any sources that all the new signings will that have contracts longer than six months, maybe Murray has not as we were pushing for Playoffs when he joined so I imagine there was no fear of relegation then.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would hope NONE of them. Do we really want to be signing the type of player who wants a get out clause like that?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No one on here is "in the know" enough to know what's in player's contracts.
I doubt they have a £0 relegation release clause though, I know we were desperate but to spend £200k+ with the possibility of it being written off for nothing in 5 months? No chance.

Oct 25, 2003
I would hope NONE of them. Do we really want to be signing the type of player who wants a get out clause like that?

it could've been a DEAL BREAKER in some cases, especially ones such as LIVERMORE who could've really signed for a championship club instead of us

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whats the betting Virgo has an escape clause in his contract as he is automatically picked for each game ?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I would'nt fancy our chances of hanging on to McNulty, We had enough trouble convincing him to sign in the first place. Ah well I suppose we could allways sign Mayo yet again! :down:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Mayo is too old to be the teaboy.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here