Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation odds 20/21

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They're already on 33 points, meaning Fulham have to gain at least 7 points more than them over the last 9 games - it's a fairly long shot, I'd say, perhaps 25-1?
If we can just beat Newcastle in our game in hand we'll be just a point behind Southampton. So maybe the same thinking would apply to us if we can get that win ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surprisingly, no change for us, but Newcastle and Fulham swap places.

7D2D2D5B-0C2C-4F86-B80E-A92DA2588476.png

Spare a thought for :wanker: Allardyce “ He always keeps teams up”.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I've been fairly confident we'll have enough to stay up throughout our bad patch but I'm nowhere near as confident as the bookies 16-1 is crazy given our current points tally and upcoming fixtures.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
16/1 looks huge odds for us with our remaining fixtures. I hope they are right.

Hindsight being the wonderful thing that it is suggests now is the time to place the bet.

Unless you went large on the 25/1 post Liverpool odds you've been a bit of a mug giving bookies money when we were single digit/1 for relegation.

Win tonight and out of sight.
Lose tonight and we're down to about 2/1.

Today the bookies think we'll win tonight and will win at Sheffield Utd, every other game is pretty much irrelevant.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
16/1 looks huge odds for us with our remaining fixtures. I hope they are right.
Does it ?

Beat Newcastle and we'll be 6 ahead of the drop with a game in hand, 9 to play including a game v Sheff Utd.

A win today and 16/1 will look pathetic compared to the odds on offer afterwards.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hindsight being the wonderful thing that it is suggests now is the time to place the bet.

Unless you went large on the 25/1 post Liverpool odds you've been a bit of a mug giving bookies money when we were single digit/1 for relegation.

Win tonight and out of sight.
Lose tonight and we're down to about 2/1.

Today the bookies think we'll win tonight and will win at Sheffield Utd, every other game is pretty much irrelevant.

Had my traditional misery hedge at 10s :rant:

Our remaining games are a bit more nuanced than the bookies think. Personally, I think we'll probably struggle to break Newcastle down tonight and a draw looks good value. Sheffield United will be another game where we'll have to take a couple of chances.

However, if we really are thinking 35 points will be enough then there might be value in backing us against Leeds at home and Arsenal away - two sides whose style should be conducive to us having a better chance of three points than the money would say.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Our remaining games are a bit more nuanced than the bookies think. Personally, I think we'll probably struggle to break Newcastle down tonight and a draw looks good value. Sheffield United will be another game where we'll have to take a couple of chances.

However, if we really are thinking 35 points will be enough then there might be value in backing us against Leeds at home and Arsenal away - two sides whose style should be conducive to us having a better chance of three points than the money would say.

Naturally I have no idea what the bookies see as the threshold, but 35 points with 8 other games to eek out a couple more points has to be good enough.

Much like losing tonight, to this available Newcastle XI, ought to get us removed from the division with immediate effect.

After last weekend some pundits were saying Joelinton (sp) played really well but when in front of goal looked like a man hideously out of form...

...seems like an ideal time to play the Albion :down:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Surprisingly, no change for us, but Newcastle and Fulham swap places.

View attachment 135046

Spare a thought for :wanker: Allardyce “ He always keeps teams up”.

I've been somewhat bemused with all the fuss around Fulham of late. OK they have looked pretty solid of late, but they are woeful at scoring, just 23 in 30, which is c0.72 per game. For context, even with our problematic finishing, we have 29 in 28, ie over one a game. As others have said, I still fancy Fulham for the drop, because we're better than both the other two around us, and Newcastle have two possible (and not mutually exclusive) routes to survival: anti-football, and Callum Wilson.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Agree with your assessment on us. We're 8/13 to win tonight, which looks plain daft to me. We struggle against a deep block, and that is what Bruce will serve up tonight. By contrast, we're pretty good when teams come at us, which is what will happen in many of our surviving fixtures. We've achieved zero wins against the bottom three, whereas we've beaten Newcastle (who did try and play, but we blew them away in 10 minutes -- wouldn't that be nice tonight?), Villa, Leeds, Spurs, Liverpool and Southampton.
You could pretty much predict where we would (and would not) pick up points in the PL under CH, not so under Potter.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeh mate, don't see Fulham getting to 35, certainly not far past it, whereas they could burn and burn and stay in the 20's.

Ah, if only I still had the liquidity for spread betting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here