Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation odds 20/21

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think Fulham will get to about 29 points.

So as long as Newcastle, Burnley and us can get above that, (that's only 5 more points from 16 games) it will be those 3

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
am I mad to think that 90/1 for Leeds is tremendous value?

They do tend to tire easily towards the end.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Honestly can't see anything other than the current bottom three going down now. Fulham fans must be distraught at our somewhat unexpected 6 point haul from Spurs and Liverpool. I think we were their only hope of staying up before last Sunday.

Think this thread confirms your point exactly :

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=79920.0

Sample quotes :

Good for them, they deserve to stay up

And it was only a few weeks ago with all that fine football we were playing we were confident of catching them. Boy were we mugged.

We’re done. Absolutely no chance of staying up now.

Game over 0-1 FT. Very good performance by Brighton. Long time since I've seen a team look so comfortable at Anfield. Hats off to them

It's good night Vienna
Very sad because this time 8 days I thought we had a really good chance of staying up

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That 200-1 on Southampton looks tempting. It would mean a hell of a collapse but they have a long injury list and strange things can happen

Not to me it doesn't. It's not that one from the bottom 3 can't catch them (which obviously is highly unlikely), but the fact that Southampton have a 7 point cushion over Newcastle who themselves are absolute crap.

The best value bet for me is that Fulham go down - short odds, but still very good odds IMO. Only Newcastle look catchable to me, but 17/10 is way too skinny. I'd want 4/1.

All the other teams are miles too good to go down or simply already have too many points.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fulham have 3 *must must win* games.

They play Burnley home and away.

And have Newcastle at home on the last day.

Less than 9 points from that lot and they are gone.

Of course they also have Sheff Utd at home which they pretty much have to target for a win as well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd love it if Fulham catch Newcastle, but I'd love it more if we catch Wolves. Neither very likely, I suspect.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd love it if Fulham catch Newcastle, but I'd love it more if we catch Wolves. Neither very likely, I suspect.
Er, have you seen the table and the form table? We're two points behind Wolves with a better GD. They're hardly uncatchable.

Fulham to Newcastle is eight points and Fulham are shite.

The two are not comparable!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
am I mad to think that 90/1 for Leeds is tremendous value?

They do tend to tire easily towards the end.

Leeds are safe. I don't think that they'll replicate their results from the first half of the season for the reason you give, but they'll pick up more than enough points. They could lose their next 16 matches and possibly still stay up on 29 points this season!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Leeds are safe. I don't think that they'll replicate their results from the first half of the season for the reason you give, but they'll pick up more than enough points. They could lose their next 16 matches and possibly still stay up on 29 points this season!

so your advice would be to go large?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Not sure it is that unlikely we could catch Wolves. They're in a horrible run of form right now, 1 win in 6, and we're in a great run of form, 1 defeat in 6, and we're only 2 points behind them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
so your advice would be to go large?

Maybe worth £2 for the LOLs!

If you're into spread betting, the spread on Leeds' total points is 51-52. They'd have to actually improve their points per game slightly to reach 51, so that might present a bit more value if you reckon that their results are going to drop off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Er, have you seen the table and the form table? We're two points behind Wolves with a better GD. They're hardly uncatchable.

Fulham to Newcastle is eight points and Fulham are shite.

The two are not comparable!

I admit to not having looked 'up' the league table for several weeks so as not to jinx anything.

My bad :lolol: :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Sample quotes :

And it was only a few weeks ago with all that fine football we were playing we were confident of catching them. Boy were we mugged.

Game over 0-1 FT. Very good performance by Brighton. Long time since I've seen a team look so comfortable at Anfield. Hats off to them

It's good night Vienna
Very sad because this time 8 days I thought we had a really good chance of staying up

Fulham fans are really rather nice aren't they. Some good comments on that thread, and not a single, even slightly, homophobic comment.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Fulham fans are really rather nice aren't they. Some good comments on that thread, and not a single, even slightly, homophobic comment.

Always really liked Fulham, they were the team I looked out for when they were occasionally in the PL and we were languishing. Partly because a colleague is a fan and a really nice chap. If they go down, hope they have a fantastic year in the Champs, slaying all and are back right away!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure it is that unlikely we could catch Wolves. They're in a horrible run of form right now, 1 win in 6, and we're in a great run of form, 1 defeat in 6, and we're only 2 points behind them.

And that Wolves win was against 9 men.

Arsenal would have crushed them with 11.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Fulham just need to not look at other results.

They probably need to get 35 or 36 points. Just focus on getting to there. Somebody will balls up the second half of the season

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Sample quotes :

It's good night Vienna

Another quote.

"Potter,next Spuds manager when José gets his P45."

If only we had given GP a long contract !!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The markets rate our prospects, whilst the basement three have incredibly short odds this far from the end of the season.

F3536929-2EC2-4338-95E4-9B9C21E90873.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Very grown up forum. I'm part of the Harlequins rugby forum (same area). It's all frighteningly civilised.

I'd like them to stay up if there is a way. Just not at our expense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here