Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relegation battle starts now.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
problem is gus is playing a style of football that suits decent players. I have no problem with his style, they just aint good enought to play it. Its like asking abunch of morons to do the times crossword!!

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
I understand some people's frustration but its a topsy turvy league. Apart from Southampton no other team is consistent so far.
We ARE currently on relegation form but this can change and suddenly we right back up there.
Had we had started on this current form and won our last 6 then we would be saying how good we are. I still believe on our long term plan and not expecting overnight success.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
For me, the Leeds game was the turning point,
From clawing it back to lead 3-2 we let that late one in, since that, we've hardly created anything. Maybe all the doubts and worries stemmed from that one game?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The relegation battle started several games ago. Have watched 8 of the last 9 games. Am at Watford. We were toothless & useless tonight. Definite bottom three material. But I will continue to watch & support my team on the pitch even if I slag them off off the pitch sometimes. Given how much time & money I spend watching BHA believe I have every right. Poyet your halo has gone. Your style of football is annoying & we don't have the players to play it. Am I ranting yes. Am I pissed off yes. I have every right to be

I think that's put petty well. I have no idea what's gone wrong ... we spent a decent amount of money I thought and defo have most positions covered with Championship quality players but it doesn't feel we've got any teeth at all coming through midfield. Everything seems to go through Noone and he's being given no space at all now. There's bugger all between us and the bottom 6 and if that's what we're destined for all I can say is I'm disappointed. Will continue to support regardless as I've done all my long life but surely we're better than this?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They're called deluded fans! I'm all for being positive but a sense of realism is also appreciated!

The realism dig54 is that we have taken 4 from 27 and that is relegation form in anyones eyes. It has to be halted and that`s what the debate is going to be about.
Injuries have played a part of course but Jesus, how many times has Noone failed to clear the first defender from corners and crosses in the last 3 games. I like him but its so f***ing frustrating at times.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
edit : double post

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Oh please...

Vicente our best player out injured
Buckley one of our best players out injured
Reyes one of our best players out injured
Dunk one of our best players out rested
Hoskins one of our best players out injured
Bridcutt one of our best players out injured (Tonight)
Dicker one of our best players according to gus out injured
El Abd our player of the season last season out injured
Elphick one of our best players some would also argue out injured

If anyone thinks we have the squad to compete with these key players out dream on. If anyone thinks when these key players are back that we will be relegated dream on.

Agreed 100%.......if these players were playing week-in weekout and our performances did not improve THEN i would start to worry. Some of the players we have to replace the above just cant cut the mustard in this league. We must be patient and wait for our top players to return.:bhasign:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Oh please...

Vicente our best player out injured
Buckley one of our best players out injured
Reyes one of our best players out injured
Dunk one of our best players out rested
Hoskins one of our best players out injured
Bridcutt one of our best players out injured (Tonight)
Dicker one of our best players according to gus out injured
El Abd our player of the season last season out injured
Elphick one of our best players some would also argue out injured

Who's the Club Physio these days, Dr Harold Shipman?!

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
The relegation battle started several games ago. Have watched 8 of the last 9 games. Am at Watford. We were toothless & useless tonight. Definite bottom three material. But I will continue to watch & support my team on the pitch even if I slag them off off the pitch sometimes. Given how much time & money I spend watching BHA believe I have every right. Poyet your halo has gone. Your style of football is annoying & we don't have the players to play it. Am I ranting yes. Am I pissed off yes. I have every right to be

I think its harsh to have a go at Poyet and his style, its not so long ago that I saw Brighton getting turned over at the likes of Stockport and playing diabolical long ball shite, Poyet got you up by playing some great passing football and has tried to continue to do so in the Championship which is a tough league....you are going through a rough patch at the moment but personally I believe you should continue to back Poyet to the hilt, hes a good manager....

its frustrating that you arent winning at the moment, but dont yearn for the long ball days just because the passing style isnt working at the moment.....onwards and upwards

Excella

Oct 29, 2011
Brighton will never be in a relegation battle, I don't understand the point of this topic, so you guys are going through a bad patch, you have one of the best teams in this league. Every team goes through bad times it was never going to be as easy as some of you thought, the Championship is a hard league, a very hard league. Just look at the fact you made yourselves equals to us(Leeds) when you played us, and we were 7th last season and were sitting in the top 6 most of last season too, which proves you're not going down.

31 games left to go, a possible 93 points up for grabs.

Also nothing at all in this league.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Agreed 100%.......if these players were playing week-in weekout and our performances did not improve THEN i would start to worry. Some of the players we have to replace the above just cant cut the mustard in this league. We must be patient and wait for our top players to return.:bhasign:

Agreed. But will it be too late by then? How badly will our confidence be dented if this bad run continues for much longer?

D

Deleted member 18477

The realism dig54 is that we have taken 4 from 27 and that is relegation form in anyones eyes. It has to be halted and that`s what the debate is going to be about.
Injuries have played a part of course but Jesus, how many times has Noone failed to clear the first defender from corners and crosses in the last 3 games. I like him but its so f***ing frustrating at times.

I agree. 4 from 27 is very worrying and fans have every right to be worried. The deluded fans I was referring to were the ones who were in the mind set of 'no one can be negative ever'. As shit as our form is though I still believe were be ok. And gus is still the man!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Oh please...

Vicente our best player out injured - Yes if fit, needs to adapt to the Englisg games has been bullied off the ball.
Buckley one of our best players out injured - Yes
Reyes one of our best players out injured - Yes
Dunk one of our best players out rested - Has the potetial to be but he's 19 expect him to form the back bone
Hoskins one of our best players out injured - Has to prove it at this level
Bridcutt one of our best players out injured (Tonight) - Yes but gets knocked off the ball and gets no protection from the other midfielders
Dicker one of our best players according to gus out injured - No
El Abd our player of the season last season out injured - Can't see it, will be to slow
Elphick one of our best players some would also argue out injured - Does not suit Poyets passing game and is unproven at this level

If anyone thinks we have the squad to compete with these key players out dream on. If anyone thinks when these key players are back that we will be relegated dream on.

Yes but how many of these are actually competetive at championship standard in the system we play?

Last edited:

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
All of us here know in our hearts we are f***ed and in a battle to stay up .. No ifs no buts . It hurts like hell but let's be frank we are not good enough to grace this league . Premier league ground div one team ..

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
Is anyone is suggesting a long ball game?

I was quoting someone who basically said that Poyets style was annoying and you didnt have the players to play it, so in a roundabout way yes, at very least the passing style was called into question even if a long ball game was not explicitly advocated...

Excella

Oct 29, 2011
All of us here know in our hearts we are f***ed and in a battle to stay up .. No ifs no buts . It hurts like hell but let's be frank we are not good enough to grace this league . Premier league ground div one team ..

That would make sense if you had a bad team, you don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here