Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relegated clubs could sue Man Utd...

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Yes teams are supposed to field a full strength team - but how do you judge that ? If you are contracted you should be good enough to play in the team.

Maybe the teams should sue all the other teams for fielding too stronger teams earlier in the season - or sue themselves for fielding weakened teams all season :laugh:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For once I think Fergie's entitled to do what he likes. I'm with Five Live on this- a bunch of fringe players who still have a slim chance of making it into the Champions League final squad will probably put in far more effort than the regular 1st XI, who may well be more interested in staying clear of injury than a pointless game against one of the Premier League's bottom feeders.

And in any case, if United's actions result in Newcastle and Alan Shearer being relegated: what's not to like?

Everyone's a winner :clap:

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
Man Utd have x amount of players in a squad, Fergie should be able to pick who as and when he thinks necessary. In no way is it their fault the teams in questions have been awful all season, Hull probably won't win anyway.

As much as I dislike the watering down of teams for other competitions, I don't see a lot to complain about with this case.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Didn't see anyone suing us when we fielded a weaken team against Halifax a few years back when we had already go up as champions. Halifax got the point that kept them up.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I would love it, just love it, if Man Utd fielded their under 14's and Hull won 17-0

NUFC :wave:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lets face it Manure's ball boys will beat Hull

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Team likely to play Hull:

Kuszczak

Rafael da Silva
Ferdinand
Evans
Fabio da Silva

Nani
Fletcher
Gibson
Tosic

Welbeck
Macheda

I think most, if not all of those players would get into a Premier League team at the bottom of the table.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think something of football will die if they did actually sue over this. its pathetic. yes we moan about such shenanigans but its part of the game, pick up enough points to avoid the issue.

will they sue if ManU field a fall strength team and lose?
will they still sue if ManU field a weak but win?
will Hull sue if they lose? oh wait...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's a crap story printed because the title race is sorted and they just want to stir up a bit of interest because nobody gives a toss which of the three teams in north east will go down with West Brom.

There can be no legal basis because in the past, it has been know for teams at the bottom to field weakened teams themselves against the top opposition, ie resting some of their best players in games they haven't got a cat in hells chance of winning so they can be fitter for a game the following week against teams they are competing against in one of the premier leagues mini leagues.

As I said, it's a crap story, a crap thread and so many muppets fell for it!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It has been reported in various papers that Middlesborough, Sunderland and Newcastle are investigating the possibility of sueing Manchester United if Fergie fields a weakened team and Hull stay up as a result.

I think this is pathetic and useless. Manchester United have won the right to rest players for the European cup final and Newcastle, Middlesborough and Sunderland have all had 37 other chances to pick up the points they need to escape relegation.

What are NSC's thoughts?

None, MUFC reserves would beat them so why worry ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What would be most enjoyable is if United fielded a reserve side, thus causing rage on Tyneside, only for Newcastle to lose at Villa anyway, rendering the result at Boothferry Park irrelevant.

Suck on that, Shearer, hope you like the Championship :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Can we sue Everton if the field a weakened side against fulham and we dont get 7th then?

This is a joke, another reason to hope Newcastle to fail, Just say players are crocked

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm gonna sue which ever of these crapy north east clubs stays up for wasting my Sky subscription. Hull, Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Sunderland have all made frankly pathetic attempts at staying up the last few weeks, relegate the lot I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here