Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relationships - What do you reckon?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I was discussing the nature of relationships with Nibble and a mate of ours on Christmas Eve and thought it might be quite pertinent to ask what people think given Digweeds thread.

I personally think relationships are blind luck, our neuroses, desires and need to not die alone guide us into and through our relationships with partners. I don't believe in soul mates or 'the one', I feel you meet people who feel right at a certain time but fundamentally you are very lucky if these relationships last.

In the main it's all about game playing and in that situation there are rarely winners. If two people who hardly play the game at all get together then it stands more chance of working. However game players are usually people with emotional baggage who play games because they are unhappy while people who aren't playing the game to any great level usually end up getting f***ed by these people so are made unhappy themselves.

Nibble on the other hand felt that that was reading to much into it and that it's not as much of a game as that and that people will meet someone who is right for them.

Anyway what do people think?

By the way I'm not a completely cynical psycho, I do believe it can work just there's not really much chance of it:)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I was discussing the nature of relationships with Nibble and a mate of ours on Christmas Eve and thought it might be quite pertinent to ask what people think given Digweeds thread.

I personally think relationships are blind luck, our neuroses, desires and need to not die alone guide us into and through our relationships with partners. I don't believe in soul mates or 'the one', I feel you meet people who feel right at a certain time but fundamentally you are very lucky if these relationships last.

In the main it's all about game playing and in that situation there are rarely winners. If two people who hardly play the game at all get together then it stands more chance of working. However game players are usually people with emotional baggage who play games because they are unhappy while people who aren't playing the game to any great level usually end up getting f***ed by these people so are made unhappy themselves.

Nibble on the other hand felt that that was reading to much into it and that it's not as much of a game as that and that people will meet someone who is right for them.

By the way I'm not a completely cynical psycho, I do believe it can work just there's not really much chance of it:)

Do you then go on to threaten Nibbles friend with a beating?

Ive had some woeful relationships, partly to me partly to them.
I dont think it was down to playing a game, its just we didnt suit each other, and it wasnt go to work.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Do you then go on to threaten Nibbles friend with a beating?

Ive had some woeful relationships, partly to me partly to them.
I dont think it was down to playing a game, its just we didnt suit each other, and it wasnt go to work.

He's actually my longest serving friend and I did try to strangle him once.

But then why get together in the first place with these girls. Part of the game is ego massaging and having someone there even if they are wrong is to make you feel better, make you feel desired.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Hmmm I agree with a lot of that, especially the game playing part which I really can't be arsed with. However I'm not sure it's blind luck entirely, it's more a question of finding the right person (not that there's just one, that's nonsense) at the right time and if you do that you've got a pretty decent chance.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

But then why get together in the first place with these girls. Part of the game is ego massaging and having someone there even if they are wrong is to make you feel better, make you feel desired.

In that case you need to be able to tell the differance between what would make a good relationship and what is best left as a fling. If you want to have a mutual ego boost with a young, good time girl who is a bit unstable there aint nothing wrong with that. However if you are looking for a stable relationship with someone who won't play games then you need to find someone who can strike the balance between having a laugh and treating the relationship with the respect it deserves.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
In that case you need to be able to tell the differance between what would make a good relationship and what is best left as a fling. If you want to have a mutual ego boost with a young, good time girl who is a bit unstable there aint nothing wrong with that. However if you are looking for a stable relationship with someone who won't play games then you need to find someone who can strike the balance between having a laugh and treating the relationship with the respect it deserves.

Yeah that's pretty well put. Unfortunately I think for a lot of fundamentally nice people (and being big headed as I am, I'd put myself in there), that can often be the problem.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

But surely it's luck if you actually find someone like that. I have found them to be very rare.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

You have problems.

Because you dont know if the person you are getting with will work out or not.

I can say I dont think Ive gone into a relationship thinking this wont last, well there was one mainly because she was an animal!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
You may be right Peter, I think my outlook is not conducive to a healthy relationship anyway..

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But surely it's luck if you actually find someone like that. I have found them to be very rare.

That's cos you think all women play games and employ covert tactics to disrupt the patriarchal status quo. Damn that is some sexy talk. :D

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
That's cos you think all women play games and employ covert tactics to disrupt the patriarchal status quo. Damn that is some sexy talk. :D

That my friend is how to woo a feminist lesbian.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm currently listening to a song called "Panic attacks are what make me 'me'". Man I'm a cheery fucker today.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You have problems.

Because you dont know if the person you are getting with will work out or not.

I can say I dont think Ive gone into a relationship thinking this wont last, well there was one mainly because she was an animal!

I think Animal is too nice a word!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hmmm... deep Les... off to give a lecture now but may I suggest that you get from a relationship what you put in most of the time.... sex gets sex love gets love and if you are determined enough you can make it work. If you don't believe in what you're doing though you're unlikely to get anything.

In all the major relationships in my life I chased and chased and if there was ever a wobble I backed off to see how they felt when I wasn't around. Worked every time for me.

So.... in a word.... BELIEVE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here