Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refund from Seagulls World

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
:ohmy:

So, only a small thing then? :lolol:

Oh yeah. As long as you weren't relying on it as your only way to listen to the game you'd have been fine.

I think Premium acknowledged that it was a huge technical balls up at their end and it affected a number of clubs sites. I just kept getting an error in my browser whenever I clicked on the "Live Commentary" or "Match Live" links.

No idea what exactly caused it but for me it's just another problem in the long line of late commentary starts, connection problems, incessant error messages etc. I'm not sure I'll bother renewing when it comes up.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I manage to make it to each home game from Essex, there really is no excuse.

Spot the teacher....:lolol:

Please Sir, I had to spent all afternoon on the M11 with Smithers and Johnson Minor, cutting a family out of their car wreck. Please may I be excused?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Spot the teacher....:lolol:

Please Sir, I had to spent all afternoon on the M11 with Smithers and Johnson Minor, cutting a family out of their car wreck. Please may I be excused?

You bad fan. Go and stand in the corner.;);)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I manage to make it to each home game from Essex, there really is no excuse.

live in West Wales,disabled,and can't drive,and the transport links to Brighton from here are shit and my only link with the live games is the commentary in Seagulls world and this forum...............................and I also watched the Albion in the 50s through to the 90s and went 5 whole seasons without missing one away game which I think gives me the right to fecking moan when some twat can't do his fecking job properly.:albion2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I e-mailed this was the reply:

Thank you for your email.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disruption of service you have experienced this afternoon. All systems have now been restored.

Our engineers have identified a problem with our xml delivery platform that caused severe performance issues at peak times and we are putting in place a permanent fix that will avoid these issues recurring in future.

You have our profound apologies, thank you for your patience.

Regards

Web Operations

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Not the first time and I very much doubt it will be the last. I remember when we used to get the comm for free - then you could accept it if it didn't work one week, but when we're all paying for it there's no excuse.

I'm not going to be renewing when my year runs out.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Progress update:

I have spoken to the club and Seagulls World is the responsibility of the BHA Press Office.

A bloke called Paul is on holiday, but I am waiting a call back from Tim Dudding (sp?) yeah right !!??????

My aim is a refund for every Albion subscriber to seagulls world

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
No he isn't, I had an email from him this morning after I sent him a copy of my complaint to PTV.

Well someone at BHAs telling porkies then.:glare:

No reply from PTV yet though :angry:

I spoke to Emma the receptionist there and was promised a phone call back this afternoon:lolol:

Its obvious we are the customers, but what is the relationship between BHA and Premium TV.
If I could establish this then I can work out if BAH should be pushing PVT for refunds for all its fans who missed out on the commentary they had payed for.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
OK, Tim Dudding did ring me back:bowdown::bowdown:.

He is a nice and helpful man and is genuinely trying to resolve these problems with match day coverage.

Firstly, sometimes the problem arises with SCR forgetting to log into the system.
From this season, Tim now monitors the Internet coverage on match days and will remind them automatically if the technician has failed to do it.

For the Northampton game, the fault lay squarely with PTV. Tim sits in regular meetings with them and has agreed that BHA should insist that all its enrolled BHA fans get automatic refunds if the commentary is not provided:thumbsup:. Indeed he has written to PTV asking for just this for the Northampton game.

Meantime it is good that individuals continue to give PTV maximum grief to reinforce the issues (they still haven't rung me back!).
You can e mail them from Seagulls World or phone direct on 0208 484 0800.

Onward and upward.:albion2::albion2::albion2:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good one uncle C will be ringing them shortly

thanks.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
OK
Have rung PTV and spoke to David in customer services. Plenty more apologies and to his credit he did offer to cancel and refund my subscription.

They dont refund individual games, but I settled for 1 months increase in my contract (equivalent to about 3 or 4 games for free). I'm happy with that till next time:clap2:

PS
Apparently this is the first game that they hold their hands up to doing something wrong. In every other case of poor or late coverage it has been SCR failing to dial into their system (just as I suspected), but Tim has that covered now.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They dont refund individual games, but I settled for 1 months increase in my contract (equivalent to about 3 or 4 games for free). I'm happy with that till next time:clap2:

What they didn't tell you was that free month was July

Edit: oh and Hove Bed&Breakfast - Stop being such a hypocrite, you either want us unclean from outside Brighton to go to Withdean or you don't you can't have it both ways

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here