Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee yesterday.

kjgood

Posted by Hans Kraay Fan Club..................I can't believe people are actually humouring the frankly MENTAL suggestion that it was anything other than a clear penalty. It was the penaltiest penalty in the history of penalties.

Agree with this as well, Dunk knew what he had done, rock solid penalty. Straight away his hands went up to his head and the look on his face said it all. A real shame because he has done really really well recently. Just one of those learning experiences.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think we may have drifted away from the OP's point.

I know that the rule when I qualified as a referee a looooong time ago was that you would NEVER get to referee your "home club". Maybe that rule has now changed? I suppose it's a bit tricky with London, Birmingham etc where there are a number of clubs in close proximity. Which is the referee's "home club"?

In any event, I've had a quick flick through REGULATIONS FOR THE REGISTRATION AND CONTROL OF REFEREES 2013-2014 and can't see any prohibition for reffing your "home club". Commonsense dictates you shouldn't do it though! Would seem to come under:-

10. CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
A Referee shall at all times act impartially. Where a Referee believes that there is a material
interest conflicting with the duties and obligations of a Match Official and any appointment,
then the Referee shall decline to act or officiate and declare it to the appointing authority

My view is that reffing your own club is a conflict of interest. The ref on Saturday obviously saw it differently. Be interested to hear the response from the FA to the OP's question though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here