Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee was absolutely appalling again today

Sep 1, 2010
Wonder when we will see a time when Referee's are made more accountable for such utter shite performances.

AGAIN, bloody amateur. I counted at least 6 fouls that were not even close to being one today(for both sides) and yet again another Ref that wanted to be the star of the show. Ruined the flow of the game in several moments of the match and the C*** did not give a foul when Ashley Barnes was being held back during an attack by having his shirt pulled back, i think he was trying to let us play on for an advantage but there was no advantage.

USELESS TWAT

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Don't agree with that, I thought he was very good overall. Did nothing controversial, it was never a penalty for the Painter incident, their "handball" toward the end was desperate and got no attention. He made us retake the free-kick for the winning goal too, so I think he had a good game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The officials kept flagging for the old trick by Cov players of slightly slowing down, and appearing to be brought down.
Albion players need to be more savvy with such referring.

And anyone who brings down Noone in full flow, should be booked. Only one yellow for this, whereas it could've been more.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'd say the majority of refs are poor, and some are truly atrocious.
Occasionally you get a really good one.
A few tend to be in the average bracket - that's where I'd put today's one to be honest.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He was certainly improved from his other times officiating our games.

Sep 1, 2010
Well, i noticed a fair few very very soft decisions today, there has been worse of course but felt he was very easily duped today on a lot of decisions

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't agree with that, I thought he was very good overall. Did nothing controversial, it was never a penalty for the Painter incident, their "handball" toward the end was desperate and got no attention. He made us retake the free-kick for the winning goal too, so I think he had a good game.

Disagree, it was definitely a pen for Paynter, he was pulled back by the defender who had his hands on his shoulders. Other than that it was a bad performance and we have definitely seen considerably worse.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Painter or Paynter pen?

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
he has had us a fair bit over the last few years and has improved a lot over that time. i thought he had a decent game today.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is there something stopping ex-pros getting into refereeing?

Obviously no gurantee that they will be better than someone whom has not played at a high level, but there seems to be a strange absence.

Obviously there are a new breed of footballer that does not need to work or has invested their pounds in some sort of business, but low end players?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thoght first 20 minutes he seemed to let so many rough or late challenges go, then seemed to crack down a bit too much. There was one incident late in the game when Barnes was close behind one of their players who just threw himself to the ground the ref gave a freekick and then shrugged as if there was nothing he could do.

I'd say overall he gave an average performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here