Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref tonight

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
No excuses we were terrible tonight but the referee was also the most blatant homer I've ever seen. 3 dubious penalties to them and two decent penalties turned down for us. Did he even set foot in the albions final third second half? Knew he would get stick and bottled it.

A bit of trouble in the seats tonight which got out of hand while Sussex old bill monitored and later condemed actions of police and stewards, why not step in?

Last edited:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
What was the last penalty given for ?
I left at 3-0 and on the radio said Hunt scored 2 pens.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
3 dubious penalties? Got your blue and white striped glasses on there I'm afraid. Their third was about a blatant penalty as you'll see. And neither of ours were that decent calls.

To apportion any of the blame for this result on the ref is a joke.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I said we were terrible and admit we would have lost regardless. How any assessor could genuinely approve the referee's performance tonight is a mystery to me. Speaking to a few players after the game they said he was the worst they've had in years. Apparently Mcphee was a proper mess after being nutted just above the neck by the Brentford centre back (who didnt get anywhere near the ball).

FatboyTim

Jul 14, 2003
the moon
WHAT GOT ME WAS HOW HE HALTED PLAY AS SOON AS ANY BRENTFORD PLAYER WENT DOWN WITH A CRACKED NAIL, OR A HAIR OUT OF PLACE, BUT WHEN McPHEE AND KNGHT WERE LYING FLAT-OUT HOLDING THEIR FACES, HE WAITED UNTIL THE BALL WAS OUT OF PLAY.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here