Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref told Tanno to "f*** off"

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What is interesting is in the interview after the game with Painter (on SeagullsPlayer), he says: 'So, the referees can talk to us in the same way that Tano talked to the ref when he got sent off for dissent?' Or something along those lines. Maybe a little hint?
Does suggest it was f*** off, but I read it at the time as "get off", but hopefully the club wont let this one go

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Might it be that the ref was saying "im giving you the red card for telling me to f*** off"

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Might it be that the ref was saying "im giving you the red card for telling me to f*** off"
Could have been I guess, although "f*** off you cheating ****" would have been more accurate :)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Does everyone have me on ignore?!

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
i am the one who subscribes to club texts, i admit it, and the text for the sending off put it down to violent conduct

It was violent conduct; Tanno threatened to smack Walton with his own zimmer frame if he didn't stop cheating.

cocklebreath

Nov 12, 2011
When he walked off he was gesturing to his pocket, he was telling Richard Chaplow that he had Lambert and lallana in his pocket, ha of course you did old boy.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its easy to lip read the ref as he brandished the red card , definitely "f*** off"

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So, to those who saw the football league show - the two pens should not have been penalties, but what about their earlier claims for penalties?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
As you will be able to read in some of tomorrow's papers, Marcos Painter says that Walton swore at him when he complained about Southampton players going down too easily, and questions how a referee can send a player off for swearing and then do the same himself.

I imagine that if Tano decides to appeal, it will be on the grounds that "F*** off you blind, biased c***" has a completely different meaning in Argentina and is regularly used between old friends in a matey, joshing way ...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So, to those who saw the football league show - the two pens should not have been penalties, but what about their earlier claims for penalties?

My own view was;

One in first half was 50/50. Seen them given but not surprised it wasn't

Hammond; clearly a dive

Lambert one second half clearly should have been

The two that were given shouldn't have been.

I know that some saints fans are saying that the first one given equals out the second one that wasn't but you can't say that for sure because with 11th on the pitch that situation may not have come to pass.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks for the reply
Hammond; clearly a dive
I certainly agree there, he was going down while Harper was pulling out of the challenge, before contact was made. And that's without me succombing to the bias that comes from absolutely hating that cheating wanker.

Lambert one second half clearly should have been
Ah, my streaming gave up the ghost there.
I know that some saints fans are saying that the first one given equals out the second one that wasn't but you can't say that for sure because with 11th on the pitch that situation may not have come to pass.
If the ref got it all right, we'd have had 11 on the pitch and would probably have lost about 3 nil, so I'm not losing sleep over it.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Clearly Walton said falklands. Replay and watch very carefully. With special brew.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm more interested in what Tano said to the ref, because I can never recall seeing a straight red for dissent, either it was something REALLY bad, I can't really imagine when you think of all the times you see players screaming obvious obscenities in refs faces and get nothing for it, or whether it was just another shit decision from a useless shithead of a man.

Either way, I agree with Tano. :)

For crying out loud, how many times??

Dissent- arguing with a decision for example, or sarcastically applauding, perhaps, is a cautionable offence. Foul & abusive language- calling the ref a f***ing twat/cheat, whatever, is a sending off offence.

Amazing how many people don't know the laws of the game :ohmy:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
well done ref , its about time they got tough on players who think they can verbally abuse the official , obviously these rules wont apply in the premireship next week when somebody calls him a blind f***ing twat but its a start

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
When he walked off he was gesturing to his pocket, he was telling Richard Chaplow that he had Lambert and lallana in his pocket, ha of course you did old boy.

Actually he did..... Lallana was very quiet and he IS a good player, so Tano must've done something right. Chaplow is just a nasty piece of work, who will get found out in the premiership, made me laugh when he went in high on Painter and came out worse off. Southampton created very little, Lambert was the difference.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do you know what, I have absolutely no idea who was marking Lallana but they must have done a decent job as I thought he was quiet bordering on anonymous yesterday. Bearing in mind how good he was when he came on as sub at Withdean last season. Changed the game then. Great player, did nothing yesterday.

Shame we forgot about Lambert. First decent game I've ever seen him have against us. Amazing how easily he goes down for a big man though.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
i am the one who subscribes to club texts, i admit it, and the text for the sending off put it down to violent conduct

It was for "foul and abusive language".

Unfortunately a key reporter fed the wrong information down the wires. Virtually all central organisations - including the football legaue and their web providers - use the data from that reporters organisation - it also led to Skysports also tagging it as Violent Conduct ... plus many many other organisations :sigh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here