Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref Harty phone-in - most important Falmer/Staying Up?

For this season, most important Falmer or Survival.

• Relegation/Falmer Yes.

Votes: 49 92.5%
  • Survival/Falmer No - Stay at Withdean for foreseeable future.

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters

larus

Lord Bracknell said:
That's ridiculous.

What happens over the next few seasons is what's important.

If we don't get Falmer, the Club is bound to go into a decline, because key people will leave and it will prove impossible to replace them.

Survival in the Championship this season won't stop that. If you argue that this is the "most important" thing, you've lost the plot.

You seemed to have mis-read my post LB.

My point was that Harty was ridiculing the fan for saying that Falmer is more important than this season. I happen to think the Falmer is THE most important issue at present.

The point about 2 choices was, which one is the most important at this point in time. If you could choose, it would have to be Falmer over survival in this league, beacuse if Falmer is rejected then the club would eventually go down the leagues.

larus

brightonfan_86 said:
I think Staying in this division, and getting Falmer for the future for our club.

FFS, FOR THE LAST TIME.

THE POLL RELATES TO THE FACT THAT HARTY TOOK EXCEPTION TO A FAN WHO SAID THAT FALMER WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SURVIVAL.

IT'S NOT, DO YOU WANT FALMER AND SURVIVAL. WE ALL DO. OK.

UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE?

YES, IT'S ALL IN CAPITALS FOR A REASON, I AM SHOUTING......;

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
larus said:
FFS, FOR THE LAST TIME.

THE POLL RELATES TO THE FACT THAT HARTY TOOK EXCEPTION TO A FAN WHO SAID THAT FALMER WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SURVIVAL.

OK CALM DOWN, NOW I'M SHOUTING OK.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
larus said:
FFS, FOR THE LAST TIME.

Touchy! :rolleyes: :lolol:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
The Great Cornholio said:
How can so many people miss the point of the question. Everyone wants both. Both is entirely possible. But the debate is which is most important. If you HAD to choose, which would you choose. Nobody is saying they are mutually exclusive.

Exactly.

and there is NOTHING repeat NOTHING as important as Falmer.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
GUNTER said:
Exactly.

and there is NOTHING repeat NOTHING as important as Falmer.

Wrong! The only requirement is for a new ground. It does not need to be at Falmer, and indeed, another site could provide a larger stadium!

The further delay and potless Knight could be problems, but that does not make "Falmer" the most important thing.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Icy Gull said:
Wasn't it more that the guy didn't CARE if we stayed up as Falmer was the most important thing?

According to Harty, what the guy said was "It doesn't matter if we get relegated as getting Falmer is more important".
That said I am inclined to agree. Obviously we all want to stay up. There would be no point turning up for matches if we didn't have some self belief that we can. However, given the choice Falmer has to be more important.

Richie Morris said:
Playing Devil's advocate, if we dont get Falmer do they have to suggest a viable site where we CAN build a ground?
No they don't, Richie.

If Prescott refuses planning permission for Falmer, it may be that he thinks Sheepcote Valley is a better site. But that doesn't make it viable.

All it means is that the Albion would have to find the funds to support a planning application that the City Council may well find impossible to support.

Staying at Withdean might also be impossible, given that the current temporary planning permission runs out at round about the time that the voters will elect a Conservative dominated council that will refuse an extension of our time there.

Last edited:

227 BHA said:
Maybe he did go over the top about this persons comments but I personally find it quite amusing and refreshing in this day and age when everyone else in the media is scared to say what they think.

But Harty was just attacking another Albion fan. Does that person have any rights not to be smeared on a phone-in? How does sewing division among Brighton fans help anyone except our real enemies, be they Palace or the NIMBY brigade?

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So obvious that Falmer is the priority... but we can survive AND get a Yes for Falmer, so this poll is nonsense...

larus

B.W. said:
So obvious that Falmer is the priority... but we can survive AND get a Yes for Falmer, so this poll is nonsense...

Obviously haven't read the posts then.

It's based on Harty's assumption that the guy was wrong for saying the Falmer was more important at the moment than staying up. Purely on that. Harty said it wasn't more important (or implied that it wasn't and the fan should give up his season ticket). Now, I take the view that Falmer IS more important than staying up for this season, and I wondered what other people thought.

It's not a poll on do you want Falmer and survival, but which is the most important right here and now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here