Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redundancy advice

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I took another job 2 weeks after , so guess i can only claim 2 weeks ?

You can try, there might be a 4 week minimum period without work before any payment, if you catch my drift. I can't remember as I specifically was dealing with what should have been a 12 week notice period. If it is worth your while re-read the documentation you have received from the liquidatators and then go to or you can probably even e-mail the CAB.

As you have probably realised you have zero chance of getting 12 weeks now, I am afraid.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
this is interesting
"The employee is also entitled to a minimum notice of 4 weeks and rising by an extra week per year over 4 years til a maximum of 12 weeks is paid."

Been paid the redunancy, but had nothing for minimum notice, i would be due 12 weeks pay !
how do i claim it ?

this would depend on the circumstances. How long ago did you get made redundant. Did the company go bankrupt or keep trading. Did you stop working for them before gettng the new job.

the worksmart site is very helpful. The Cab can also help.

I would also strongly advise joining a union if one is present. At the end of the day they do act to defend your rights, although having a good experienced steward makes a massive difference.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I got made redundant from one place due to me being replaced by a younger person who earned a lot less than me. However you can't actually do this and I took them to a tribunal which got me a few quid for Constructive Dismissal. At the time they said it was because my work wasn't good enough which was rather stupid of them as they'd given me a pay rise two months before.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
this would depend on the circumstances. How long ago did you get made redundant. Did the company go bankrupt or keep trading. Did you stop working for them before gettng the new job.

the worksmart site is very helpful. The Cab can also help.

I would also strongly advise joining a union if one is present. At the end of the day they do act to defend your rights, although having a good experienced steward makes a massive difference.

6 weeks ago, the company went into voluntary liquidation.
no union, i was the only employee. was out of work for two weeks.

Could be thousands, or even tens of thousands in similar circumstances with the much ballyhooed "Bonfire of the Quangos". Closing them down is one thing but the problem with Not for Profit organisations is they don't have the reserves to honour contracted redundancy terms. The Government will have to find a billion or two down the back of the sofa to pay for all of these "cost savings" they are making.

Still, as long as they don't run out of money before next Wednesday, I'm alright Jack!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here