Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp expects Albion to be in the Premiership soon..

Mohammed Al Fayed

Jul 30, 2011
London
I think i have missed something. How is he being deceitful? I don't understand what he has done wrong?
Thank you BadFish. I am glad there are decent Albion fans out there.....I know thats true as I have many Albion supporting friends. I dont think I can be classed as a disgrace for suggesting the Championship is a tight division.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
In the days of MAF takeover, Maik Taylor, Rufus Brevett, Carpenter, Freeman, Coleman etc came in. There was a striker who stood out in a game against us but for the life of me cannot recall his name, think it began with M, Mc or something. Help

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thanks IWSU. Again, restoring my faith in the Albion community. I refuse to be intimidated as to giving my opinion, and dont believe I have said anything to deserve such bad language that we've seen posted on this thread.

Ferring is being a prick, for some reason. Probably feelings of inadequacy. Don't let it put you off.

Personally, as a general rule, I don't put stuff on here that I wouldn't say to someones FACE in a pub. Unless it is of a sexual nature.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Ferring is being a prick, for some reason. Probably feelings of inadequacy. Don't let it put you off.

Personally, as a general rule, I don't put stuff on here that I wouldn't say to someones FACE in a pub. Unless it is of a sexual nature.

why not? hello darling fancy a ...........nope me neither.

Mohammed Al Fayed

Jul 30, 2011
London
In the days of MAF takeover, Maik Taylor, Rufus Brevett, Carpenter, Freeman, Coleman etc came in. There was a striker who stood out in a game against us but for the life of me cannot recall his name, think it began with M, Mc or something. Help
I know who you mean....though your mixing up a couple of teams. Taylor and Brevett came in for big money, probably £2m combined and was when we signed Coleman, Barry Hayles etc for big money too. We had some great games just before that period....I think you were a division above and we played in the League Cup and FA Cup in the same season. Fulham Brighton was always a massive game as each team would bring 3k+. I think your thinking of Mick Conroy, who scored maybe 3 goals in that series of games?

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
I know who you mean....though your mixing up a couple of teams. Taylor and Brevett came in for big money, probably £2m combined and was when we signed Coleman, Barry Hayles etc for big money too. We had some great games just before that period....I think you were a division above and we played in the League Cup and FA Cup in the same season. Fulham Brighton was always a massive game as each team would bring 3k+. I think your thinking of Mick Conroy, who scored maybe 3 goals in that series of games?

Thats the man Mick Conroy, he was quality. Thank for that.
Have been to Craven Cottage about 25 times and again agree, have mixed up some seasons. It was a League cup game 3-0 springs to mind, couldnt be sure.

Mohammed Al Fayed

Jul 30, 2011
London
Thats the man Mick Conroy, he was quality. Thank for that.
Have been to Craven Cottage about 25 times and again agree, have mixed up some seasons. It was a League cup game 3-0 springs to mind, couldnt be sure.

From the same period, I recall Paul Dickov scoring 3 or 4 goals against us at the Goldstone.....and a striker who was a Heskey type player....possibly by the name of Gall. Always caused us problems!

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i cannot stand this media attention seeking dodgy bastard, how can you trust a man, that has nearly bankrupted every club he has been in charge of? Bournemouth, west ham, pompey, and South******n (nige are you keeping up).

He will say exactly what people want him to say, especially as they won, and as it was a friendly. Why people want him a the next england manager, is beyond me, as you can see today, he was clueless, i mean he had a Champions league team playing, and the only reason they won, was because of our poor defending / keeping.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think i have missed something. How is he being deceitful? I don't understand what he has done wrong?

Nor do I. Bizarre.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
In a later statement Brighton's fans new favourite other manager said

'what was I supposed to say, they are shit and will languish in the 2nd tier of English football forever. It was their big day after all. I didn't realise that when I made the statement, people on the internet would be be booking hotels in Manchester Liverpool Newcastle etc for next season.'

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why people want him a the next england manager, is beyond me, as you can see today, he was clueless, i mean he had a Champions league team playing, and the only reason they won, was because of our poor defending / keeping.

The reason that Spurs won was because of as tactical switch made by Redknapp or his staff and switching Lennon and more especially Bale over to the other side. I have said that I would like 3 players on loan from Spurs and yesterday demonstrated why; Cudicini as Ankergren needs competition, Jenas but he showed he was the best player on the field and is obviously not a possibility for us as he will be in Spurs plans especially if Modric goes and they dont buy Joe Cole to replace him. Finally Robbie Keane because he obviously doesn't figure in their plans and would be awesome in this division.

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
Hi Mr Mohammad Al Fayed.. You are more than welcome here and it is great to have views and opinions and that is what makes our board and although I hardly myself post on here it does make me proud to be part of such a great support of our club. The only comment I would make and you may not be aware of is the name you have chosen as my father worked for the House of Fraser and he was ordered by Mr Al Fayed to close the Hove store of Army and Navy part of House of Fraser and soon after his takeover to shut the store on Christmas Eve. My father asked if he could delay it till the new year as it would ruin peoples christmas's however he responded I am not christian so why would I care" My father that night came home in tears, a grown business man and there are many other awful things that man had done but will take to my grave, so to me it is just your username that makes me boil and for one I never want to see that man anywhere near our ground.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I have said that I would like 3 players on loan from Spurs and yesterday demonstrated why; Cudicini as Ankergren needs competition

i really dont know what he's doing at Tottenham, other than picking up a wage. Freidel is apparently second choice, and i reckon was brought in as a replacement for Gomez when it looked like he'd leave, cant see Cudicini getting a look in now. i think his and Gus's paths would have crossed at Chelsea, so not a far out possiblity, shirley?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
i cannot stand this media attention seeking dodgy bastard, how can you trust a man, that has nearly bankrupted every club he has been in charge of? Bournemouth, west ham, pompey, and South******n (nige are you keeping up).

He will say exactly what people want him to say, especially as they won, and as it was a friendly. Why people want him a the next england manager, is beyond me, as you can see today, he was clueless, i mean he had a Champions league team playing, and the only reason they won, was because of our poor defending / keeping.

Spot on. Any manager says something positive about us and everyone suddenly loves them. For instance, Lee Clark was called all the names under the sun after the 1st Hudders game, then he claps the fans at Withdean and says something complimentary and suddenly he's the best thing since sliced bread.

So easily sweet talked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here