Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknap booed by Pompey fans

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Deservedly so - I would be pissed off in the same circumstances. Redknapp always seems to think that the grass is greener on the other side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hello??? Did we abuse Adams or Coppell for taking a better job because I don't remember most fans being any more than pissed off but accepting it. Tottenham are a much much bigger club than Pompey so it's no different to Adams going off as an assistant manager or Coppell going to Reading. Redknap does not deserve booing imo

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
Deservedly so - I would be pissed off in the same circumstances. Redknapp always seems to think that the grass is greener on the other side.

How is that deserved? If i had a choice i would of done exactly the same thing. Pompey are as high as they ever will be.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Good point - I still think of both Taylor and Coppell as Albion heroes.

Hum - I guess that puts paid to my arguement.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Redknapp must know how good a manager people regard him, and could never say never to switching clubs, but when he made the comment about how much he loves Portsmouth and wants to end his career here and then goes and does this, doesn't look too good.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Who does he manage now? - Has he gone back to Saaaarf'aaaaaamptarrrrrrrrrrrrrrn?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Redknapp must know how good a manager people regard him, and could never say never to twitching clubs, .

Harry has twitched at more clubs than the entirety of NSC has had hot dinners! How such a specimen genetically engineered the delicious Jamie is beyond comprehension.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
The local "News" website is full of small-minded knuckle draggers rattling on about "Jew-das" Harry and his betrayal. They are fun to wind up, they end up typing in capitals and you can almost see them dribbling as they type. They seem to forget that football is a business - if he'd done badly, he would have been gone just as quickly. Perhaps they should hand back the FA Cup, leave Europe (oops, sorry, that one's being arranged), and take relegation? I hate Pompey ("12th man, us") fans with a passion, and I can't believe (well, I can) that they would treat him like that.

And yes, I went into school yesterday and changed two displays to show Harry in a Tottenham shirt. Pompey scum, never miss a chance to score points of them. Even if they are only 10/11 years old!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The local "News" website is full of small-minded knuckle draggers rattling on about "Jew-das" Harry and his betrayal. They are fun to wind up, they end up typing in capitals and you can almost see them dribbling as they type. They seem to forget that football is a business - if he'd done badly, he would have been gone just as quickly. Perhaps they should hand back the FA Cup, leave Europe (oops, sorry, that one's being arranged), and take relegation? I hate Pompey ("12th man, us") fans with a passion, and I can't believe (well, I can) that they would treat him like that.

And yes, I went into school yesterday and changed two displays to show Harry in a Tottenham shirt. Pompey scum, never miss a chance to score points of them. Even if they are only 10/11 years old!

:D that will learn them.

D

Deleted member 2719

I was laughing as i listened to three Pompey fans booing about Harry yesterday it is really is great to here them slagging there messiah you would think they were playing in lge 1 at an athletics stadium they way they were whining on!!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think its a good bit of business fo all parties, including pompy

They are obviously paying him a fair amount, now they can bring in a young up-and-coming manager who they wont be paying anywhere near the same as they were to 'arry. Redknapp couldnt take Pompy any further than he has and he cant do any worse than spurs are already in.

All in all a good deal

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I think its a good bit of business fo all parties, including pompy

They are obviously paying him a fair amount, now they can bring in a young up-and-coming manager who they wont be paying anywhere near the same as they were to 'arry. Redknapp couldnt take Pompy any further than he has and he cant do any worse than spurs are already in.

All in all a good deal

Tony Adams? Be alright until he wins his first bottle of champagne as Manager of the Month...

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I think it just goes to show how fickle football supporters can be, it is no wonder there is no loyalty in the game.......Anymore !

Let's be honest, it does not matter who you support, players, managers and back room staff, they will always move on for the right price, and so would any of you reading this if you had the chance, (oh and I would !!)

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
They are fully justified IMHO. He left them for Southampton remember only to return and declare his love for the club.

I hate all this pro-Redknapp nonsense. One of the most self-satisfying men in football in my eyes.

They are fully justified IMHO. He left them for Southampton remember only to return and declare his love for the club.

I hate all this pro-Redknapp nonsense. One of the most self-satisfying men in football in my eyes.

Sadly he sums up modern football. Loads of bollocks about loving the club, want to stay forever, blah blah blah and then pees off when a big offer comes along. I would do exactly the same but I wish these people would stop with all of the bullshit they come out with. How many players/managers move to a club declaring a lifetime of support for their new club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here