Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Sea diving

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Our best 'aquarium' experience was at Ras Mohammed. A gentle drift dive along Shark Reef... with tens of thousands of glass fish and red anthias, schools of small barracuda and jackfish, a group of 3 Napolean Wrasse, a very funny-looking group of small masked pufferfish, and to cap it all - a sighting of Dave the Turtle (with the fibreglass repair to his shell).

Last edited:

Next year I'm planning to dive here. Can't wait. Sharktastic.

belize_blue_hole_caribbean_cruise.jpg

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Blue hole Belize

been there!

if you want a lazy day as well away from diving do shark and sting ray alley for a nice bit of shallo snorkelling! MASSIVE rays

and go to quay caulker unless your minted then ambergris quay

Belize is full of wideboys and overspill from LA gangs though its not too bad, though Belize city is rough as f***

Theres some good diving (whale sharks et al if your lucky) down in Honduras on the bay islands and its cheap as to dive

Blue hole Belize

been there!

if you want a lazy day as well away from diving do shark and sting ray alley for a nice bit of shallo snorkelling! MASSIVE rays

and go to quay caulker unless your minted then ambergris quay

Belize is full of wideboys and overspill from LA gangs though its not too bad, though Belize city is rough as f***

Theres some good diving (whale sharks et al if your lucky) down in Honduras on the bay islands and its cheap as to dive

Cheers for that matey. Planning on a tour though Guatamela (sp?) and the Belize rain forest and Myan ruins for 1 week, then a week diving the reef off Belize. Would love to swim with a whale shark.
Heard that parts of the country are pretty rough so aiming to go off the beaten track where possible.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Cheers for that matey. Planning on a tour though Guatamela (sp?) and the Belize rain forest and Myan ruins for 1 week, then a week diving the reef off Belize. Would love to swim with a whale shark.
Heard that parts of the country are pretty rough so aiming to go off the beaten track where possible.

do it mate!!

Guatemala is also amazing - I was luck enough to spend 4 months about 8 years ago in Southern Mexico, crossed the Guatemalan border at I think somewhere called San Cristobal, before deciding to head down to Honduras to learn to dive (Utila). Then back up to Belize then Mexico

In Guatemala must see/fave places are Quetzaltenango (Sheyla) where you will need to go to to get to Lake Atitlan (amazing collpased volcano, bit hippy though) . Tikal are the best Mayan ruins (IMO) in central America. And Antigua is a lovely place with loads of books shops and volcanos near by. Guatemala City is (was) to be avoided really

Honduras ruins at Copan are good though other than that it was all a bit dangerous then, it was a mad dash to get through the cities out to the Bay Islands.

Belize is beautiful but relatively expensive for the area, loads of rain forest, mile high canyon.... Not much in the way of major Mayan ruins from what i remember. Though the worst mozzies anywhere ever! Honest, on Quay(Sp) Caulker they had trucks come out at dusk to spray the island, I had about 300 bites at one time though I think its better now

if you get time and wanna seem some other wicked ruin Palenque in Mexio is amazing

do it mate!!

Guatemala is also amazing - I was luck enough to spend 4 months about 8 years ago

Sounds like a bloody good trip mate. I'm planning on taking in Lake Atitlan and Tikal. Won't have time for Hondurus or Mexico as only have 2 weeks but should be enough to get a flavour of the place and get some good dives in. Cheers for the tips.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
when you thinking of going out there? possibly going out Oct/Nov for a couple of weeks as have still got a massive 19 DAYS holiday left (though may spend some time in Cairo)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here