Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Ivor told me..........

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Talking out of his arse it seems.

Or is he?

On Thursday/Friday morning Brown was dead and buried, as was Lazarus, by the time I met Red Ivor the right wing press were describing him as a 59 year old squatter.

Yet less than a week on it looks like he could possibly be still prime-minister for at least until Labour elect a new leader.

For a bloke who was well and truly finished this does constitute some kind of comeback, as predicted by the former member for Hove.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Or is he?

On Thursday/Friday morning Brown was dead and buried, as was Lazarus, by the time I met Red Ivor the right wing press were describing him as a 59 year old squatter.

Yet less than a week on it looks like he could possibly be still prime-minister for at least until Labour elect a new leader.

For a bloke who was well and truly finished this does constitute some kind of comeback, as predicted by the former member for Hove.

I can't believe for a second he was expecting what is a resignation, an oh-so-public statement that no-one (literally) loves him any more and then described that as a comeback. Even for New Labour that would be taking spin too far.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

humiliating resignation as the price to get the Liberals to talk? hardly a victory.

and the whole way this is panning out is a demonstration against PR. if they take it to the people, theres a strong chance of failure (look what you'll get every election...), if they force it through parliament (unlikly) they'll be seen as undemocratic and booted at the next oppurtunity.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I can't believe for a second he was expecting what is a resignation, an oh-so-public statement that no-one (literally) loves him any more and then described that as a comeback. Even for New Labour that would be taking spin too far.

Red Ivor himself has comeback from worse........so hence the rose coloured spectacles.:thumbsup:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
IF there's a deal between Lib Dems and Labour, then IMO we'll be having another Election within 6 months. Probably 14th of October.

Too many Labour MPs, including some senior ones will not be happy about being seen to be propped up by the Nationalist Parties, and several others will vote against AV in the Commons before it even gets to a Referendum. Senior MPs such as Blunkett and Reid have already called this Coalition 'unstable'.

And IF he Labour Party try and change the voting system without a Referendum, I cannot see that getting through either - too many Labour (as well as Tory) MPs don't want to see the end to FPTP.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And IF he Labour Party try and change the voting system without a Referendum, I cannot see that getting through either - too many Labour (as well as Tory) MPs don't want to see the end to FPTP.

I think they'd be foolish to do it without a referendum but it should be noted that a referendum on electoral reform was in the Labour manifesto so no Lab MPs should disagree with that.

It's nothing like winning a game of football by counting shots... what a shit metaphor. It's like choosing the winner of X Factor. More people voted against that dance crew (whatever they were called) than voted for them. Maybe Susan Boyle should have asked the third placed person if they wanted to join votes so they could be declared joint winners?
Everyone KNOWS that Chelsea were not the most convincing of champions this season. Why don't Wenger and Ferguson meet up and agree which team should be awarded the trophy?

Or maybe they could agree to share it? Should be OK - as long as 'Arry doesn't object.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Everyone KNOWS that Chelsea were not the most convincing of champions this season. Why don't Wenger and Ferguson meet up and agree which team should be awarded the trophy?

Or maybe they could agree to share it? Should be OK - as long as 'Arry doesn't object.

I am sure the public would go for that......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here