Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Guinness

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I quite like a stout.

Murphys is good - slightly chocolatey taste
Guinness is okay (extra cold available for those warm summer days)
Mackesons are nice occasionally as a treat with Sunday lunch
Harveys bottles of Sweet Sussex Stout - awesome anytime

But what is Red Guinness all about?
Not seen many watering holes selling it - is it draught only on can you get it in tins/bottles from the supermarkets?

And what does it taste of?

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
It's like Guinness but just a bit lighter. Some people don't like the supposed thickness of the original so Red is for those namby pambys who can't stomach the real stuff - unlike ME! I've seen it in Brighton...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Red Guinness is an excellent ale and the nearest thing you'll get to the much missed Beamish Red that I haven't seen anywhere for bloody ages. I know that my friends in the CAMRA brigade would turn their noses up at it, but its the best mass produced ale currently out there IMO. I believe Red Guinness is on sale in the Font.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
they sell it in our su, and it is not at all popular

REAL guinness all the way

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Boddingtons for me, please :drool:

In the 1970's my favourite beer - in fact my first memorable pint in Swinton West Manchester Summer 1976 while ever so slightly underage.

Not been brewed at Strangeways (Manchester) for many a year - I don't even know if it's available as proper draught ale anymore - the canned stuff in Supermarkets is decidedly NOT what I drank way back when.

Never mind I have got into Hogs Back/Arundel and especially Harveys so I will drown my sorrows with soft southern flat beer.

Oh and Red Guiness doesn't compare with any of the aforementioned......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here