Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Bull make offer to buy Leeds

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Am I the only one who thinks this is potentially bad news for teams like us.

A lucrative and financially stable Leeds added to a league already distorted by parachute payments just spells even more trouble for the 'have nots', like us.

My thoughts exactly, probably with Poyet in charge too

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If they did take over, you would expect them to want to change the name to fit in with their other clubs... we all know how Hull fans reacted when the owner wanted them to be called Hull Tigers and obviously the fans reacted badly when Tan changed the Cardiff colours. Would the Leeds fans be happy, if it meant there was a large cash injection than ensured long term stability?

I don't think Leeds fans are classy enough to let changing years of history and tradition get in the way of doing something like this.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Please let this not be true

The "says Cellino" bit in the headline is a clue that it is bull. Anyway, they'll clearly have to fight Russell Crowe to the death first if they've any chance in buying such a wonderful club and fantastic investment opportunity.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
It's a shame these lazy journalists can't even do the research, Red Bull own 5 football teams, not 3, they've mised Red Bull Ghana and Red Bull Brasil.

That is simply a lot of bull.

Pamplona-Running-of-the-Bulls3-e1360586264785.jpg

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Am I the only one who thinks this is potentially bad news for teams like us.

A lucrative and financially stable Leeds added to a league already distorted by parachute payments just spells even more trouble for the 'have nots', like us.

That does go against natural happenings. To have lucrative and financially stable football clubs in the UK.

Football-money-win-eridubet.jpg

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If they did take over, you would expect them to want to change the name to fit in with their other clubs... we all know how Hull fans reacted when the owner wanted them to be called Hull Tigers and obviously the fans reacted badly when Tan changed the Cardiff colours. Would the Leeds fans be happy, if it meant there was a large cash injection than ensured long term stability?

Bunch of mercenary tossers will accept anything to restore their 'right' to be the champions of the world :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here