Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recruitment Agents

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what is their problem? why are they incapable of telling the truth? why can they never give you any feedback? why do they call to say they have a great job for you then not bother to send the job spec? I've even had one that called that was more interested in who i was interviewing with, obviously so he can cold call them and try to get their business.

tossers.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
This could be marvellous, just MARVELLOUS Thursday viewing

feet_on_desk_by_com_126019a.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's because anyone with the word Agent in their job title is a massive, lying, money grabbing arse.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They are motherfuckers, eh Frank?

*killstwobirdswithonestone*

In all sincerity. I had some good recxruitment agents who tried their hardest to get me interviews and I had some very bad ones who told me they had about 10 interviews that I could attend, so I signed up and then nothing...!

I used to get job offers on my mobile phone for fork-lift truck drivers in Hailsham or somewhere obscure when I specifically said that I wanted a graduate role :thud:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'll notify Jimmy Saville and The Grub immediately.

Today's going to be great!!

:banana:

Who's got the Pringles?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I had some good recxruitment agents who tried their hardest to get me interviews ...

thats what i keep thinking, that this ones ok, but then they turn around and show they are just the same as all the other bullshitters.

just a got a call from one, he seemed happy so betting it will take him only 2 hours to forward a job spec.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
thats what i keep thinking, that this ones ok, but then they turn around and show they are just the same as all the other bullshitters.

just a got a call from one, he seemed happy so betting it will take him only 2 hours to forward a job spec.

Despite the mockers on this thread I totally agree. Not really a laughing matter when you're out of work like I am. I don't believe a word they say anymore and have to wonder how they make any money.

At least I get to watch the cricket though!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
99% of them are absolute ****s but to my surprise I have found one agency to be different from ALL others (and I've been with all the big players in my time).

If you haven't already, try Tate, up on Queen's Road with the rest of them. You may find you are pleasantly surprised

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
well, there we go, 2 hours and the guy still hasnt sent me a job spec. what was the point of his call? does the job even exist or was he just logging a call to hit his targets? will we ever know? probably not, as they never give feedback. of 8 interviews ive had over the last few weeks only 4 have bothered to give feedback. for all i know that job i interviewd for 4 weeks ago might still be interested. yeah.

tossers.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
well, there we go, 2 hours and the guy still hasnt sent me a job spec. what was the point of his call? does the job even exist or was he just logging a call to hit his targets? will we ever know? probably not, as they never give feedback. of 8 interviews ive had over the last few weeks only 4 have bothered to give feedback. for all i know that job i interviewd for 4 weeks ago might still be interested. yeah.

tossers.[/QUOTE

Alot of agencies advertise false jobs to get you on there books especially with summer coming up and people taking holidays.I work for various agencies and i don't trust them for one moment.On the plus side tempory work can lead to full time.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

tossers.[/QUOTE

Alot of agencies advertise false jobs to get you on there books especially with summer coming up and people taking holidays.I work for various agencies and i don't trust them for one moment.On the plus side tempory work can lead to full time.

At the risk of making myself sound very dumb, how do you get on to temping? Not something I have ever done, but think I am going to have to do it now as my money is running out!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ho hum ! Actually yes there are some decent ones. I don't mind if they don't follow up a job application but I do get a bit vexed when they don't give you any feedback following an interview.

In their defence also quite often their client doesn't quite know what they are looking for and so think it's okay to waste both the agency's and the candidate's time (and money) sampling what's out there.

Facter in the biggest rectal discharge in the equation, The HR Department who are the bain of Recruitment consultants lives. You should also bear in mind that a lot of candidates bullshit on their CVs and also at interviews. Not all one sided although, like any other walk of life, there are some complete tossers.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

tossers.[/QUOTE

Quite true.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
At the risk of making myself sound very dumb, how do you get on to temping? Not something I have ever done, but think I am going to have to do it now as my money is running out!

Next time your in town,just pop into a few agencies and sign up.Discuss pay and what your after.It's fairly straight forward.Don't let them take the piss though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here