Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recruitment Agencies

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Its a shame - I know of a couple of really good employment agencies - people who understand my work and actually know what I'm talking about when I want to recruit staff. I also used them myself when I was looking for a job when I decided to move south from London. Very professional and honest about the roles they had available.

On the other hand - I have a few who I have now had to tell them to stop calling me - they hound me on my mobile, telling me they have this fantastic person and that fantastic person - but when I get the CV its a pile of crap...they operate like salesmen not like professionals providing a service...

shame really as they can provide a very useful service...

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Caz have you thought about taking Insurance Exams from the Chartered Insurance Institute?

That way you will be able to get knowledge of other insurance products, you could take the IF papers for instance. 3 of them gets you a recognised qualification in the industry - CertCII

yes thats what i want to do but it costs £500 roughly. I just cant afford it at the moment catch 22 really.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tell me about it. My ACII didnt come cheap but I managed to get my various employers to pay.

In the days of FSA I thought they would be gfalling over themselves to get people qualified and the fact that by taking exams while you work there they gain from your increased knowledge as well...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Tell me about it. My ACII didnt come cheap but I managed to get my various employers to pay.

In the days of FSA I thought they would be gfalling over themselves to get people qualified and the fact that by taking exams while you work there they gain from your increased knowledge as well...

The governments killing of the financial services sector, soon everyone will be screwed by the banks.:angry:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I got my job though search in Crawley.

All I did was give them my CV at a job fair and a few week later they called me up to send me to a job without even meeting me! :lolol: They really worked hard for their money!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
caz99 said:
yes thats what i want to do but it costs £500 roughly. I just cant afford it at the moment catch 22 really.

Got a similar problem myself at the moment. Need a job as current one is at a dead end, but can't find anything else for the same money. There's a couple of courses I want to do to help myself along but its goona cost me over a grand to do them. Apparently you can get a government loan for adult eductaion courses so may look into that.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
80's Seagull said:
Got a similar problem myself at the moment. Need a job as current one is at a dead end, but can't find anything else for the same money. There's a couple of courses I want to do to help myself along but its goona cost me over a grand to do them. Apparently you can get a government loan for adult eductaion courses so may look into that.

thats a good idea.

my employer wont pay as they are short money themselves hence no payrise for two years.

but i would really like to to the certificate in insurance just to start off. then with saving for a house etc!!!

i just need to get into a place that can sponser me.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
_wilka_ said:
I got my job though search in Crawley.

All I did was give them my CV at a job fair and a few week later they called me up to send me to a job without even meeting me! :lolol: They really worked hard for their money!

Easy money if you look at that way, but they chose to attend the fair where they did meet you, from what you said above. This kind of corporate job fair often costs a fair whack to attend. They clearly identified you as a candidate that they would like to work with.

The other side is marketing themselves to potential employers, identifying opportunities, agreeing commitment from the client, matching candidates to the criteria required by the client, preparing you for the interview and managing the interview process and eventually taking up references - unless it's a temp job of course - that kind of stuff is pretty easy - it's a body count really.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
maffew said:
Caz, is there much work anywhere in legal expenses insurance? Seems very specific.

And also incredibly boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ever thought about re-training young Caz, doing something you are actually going to enjoy long-term?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Jimmy Saville said:
I get very irate about these kind of comments as I work bloody hard to do a good job for companies and candidates alike.

Not today, eh Jimmy?!!

You haven't been off this thread by the looks of things....

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Not today, eh Jimmy?!!

You haven't been off this thread by the looks of things....

His phone's not working!!

Probably the IT department's fault. :angry:

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I got someone a nice permanent role this morning actually:drink:

We've got problems with our phone systems, so i cannot pester potential clients!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't know what you're looking for but I suggest you look at 'www.jobserve.co.uk'. That is used by a whole bunch of agencies so do get a choice.

I can say from probably more experience than most here that average agency usually employs people who went to uni and got a third. They'll tell you that you can screw their girlfriends, their wives and their mothers if they think they can make a bit of cash out of you.

I been around some real prats but the worst by far is MSB, the firm that was started up by Mr Goldberg. He is the one Palarse person that ALL Palarse will agree that he was and probably still is a prize wanker.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Becuase of Agencies general Health and Safety, motivation and care for the job has gone completely out the window especially in manufacturing and also by the looks of things nursing as well. These agencies are complete f***ing wankers sorry but they are. What are they really doing for the money?

just hiring a bunch of morons who have no engineering skills or cannot even speak english and making a profit out of them.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
adrian29uk said:
Becuase of Agencies general Health and Safety, motivation and care for the job has gone completely out the window especially in manufacturing and also by the looks of things nursing as well. These agencies are complete f***ing wankers sorry but they are. What are they really doing for the money?

just hiring a bunch of morons who have no engineering skills or cannot even speak english and making a profit out of them.

I assume you are talking about temp workers here. It's the employer that has chosen to go down this route- they are the ones that ultimatley hire the temp, not the agency. Again, an issue for the employer, not the agency.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
bhaexpress said:
I don't know what you're looking for but I suggest you look at 'www.jobserve.co.uk'. That is used by a whole bunch of agencies so do get a choice.

I can say from probably more experience than most here that average agency usually employs people who went to uni and got a third. They'll tell you that you can screw their girlfriends, their wives and their mothers if they think they can make a bit of cash out of you.

I been around some real prats but the worst by far is MSB, the firm that was started up by Mr Goldberg. He is the one Palarse person that ALL Palarse will agree that he was and probably still is a prize wanker.

So your experience actually includes interviewing the recruitment agent, establishing their degree grades etc. A nice role reversal.

I have worked with many graduates in recruitment, not one of whom, to my knowlege, has a third. There are certanly plenty of 2:2's around, but I have worked with people with great degrees from excellent uni's including a guy with a 2:1 from Cambridge and a whole bunch of Nottingham Economics grads.

I have a 2:1 myself and no, you cannot shag my missus or mother!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here