Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recording the Seagulls Player stream

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Sometimes, particularly around this time of year, it gets quite tricky being around to listen to Seagulls Player live commentary. I guess this is a real problem if you live abroad and its the middle of the night.

So I have been looking around for some time to find a bit of reliable free software that lets you record live streaming. I have tried a few without success, indeed one divided the game up into 2 minute files. This was a real labour of love to listen to about 50 bite sized bits at about 1.00 in the morning

I have finally found some software that is great. Once opened it recognises whats being streamed and you start recording with a single push of a button. The file can then be retrieved easily for listening.

Have a search for SoundTap Streaming Recorder

streaming.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
A bounce for people on foreign soil.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Sometimes, particularly around this time of year, it gets quite tricky being around to listen to Seagulls Player live commentary. I guess this is a real problem if you live abroad and its the middle of the night.

So I have been looking around for some time to find a bit of reliable free software that lets you record live streaming. I have tried a few without success, indeed one divided the game up into 2 minute files. This was a real labour of love to listen to about 50 bite sized bits at about 1.00 in the morning

I have finally found some software that is great. Once opened it recognises whats being streamed and you start recording with a single push of a button. The file can then be retrieved easily for listening.

Have a search for SoundTap Streaming Recorder

View attachment 36899

Can it be set on a timer or do you need to press record once the match starts?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Can it be set on a timer or do you need to press record once the match starts?

I dont think it is able to do that. But the storage of audio takes so little space that its just as easy to fire it up hours in advance. Unless of course you're on a fortnights holiday in which case extended highlights will be up and running on Seagulls Player by the time you get back.

There is a fastforward facility to get you to where you want to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here