Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The Outsider, by Albert Camus.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
c11687.jpg

If it's a whodunnit you're after, any of the 'Roy Grace' (there's four so far) series by Peter James.

Set in Brighton, plenty of Brighton lowlife tales, and the main protagonist is an Albion fan.

Good stuff.

Very good reads and good to recognise most of the locations - a fifth one is due out in June - "Dead tomorrow" or something like that. I think there is a mention of his dad taking him to see "The Albion" in one of the books although Grace is a rugby fan (and player). Perhaps the plot for the new book is about the bizzare murder of a crooked DIY store owner and his failed politician sidekick, the remains of whom are disposed of in the foundations of a new stadium?

But apart from that "My father and other working class football heroes" by Gary Imlach" is a superb book even if you are not a football fan. I believe that I may have already mentioned this on numerous book related threads!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Great Shark Hunt - a housebrick-sized collection of the journalism of Hunter S Thompson at the height of his powers.

Can I pick two? The Right Stuff - history of the American space race - by Tom Wolfe is a damn fine piece of reportage.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Very good reads and good to recognise most of the locations - a fifth one is due out in June - "Dead tomorrow" or something like that. I think there is a mention of his dad taking him to see "The Albion" in one of the books although Grace is a rugby fan (and player). Perhaps the plot for the new book is about the bizzare murder of a crooked DIY store owner and his failed politician sidekick, the remains of whom are disposed of in the foundations of a new stadium?

That would be just the best book ever if written about - maybe we should petition the author?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here