Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reclaiming bank charges

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Has anyone every reclaimed some or all of their charges from the banks or credit card companies.

If so, how did you get on ?

I'm going to start claiming back mine soon.....and there's plenty to claim back believe me and i'd just like to hear people's experiences.

I will probably do it off my own back but i have contacted a company who will do it all for you for 20% commission (of the charges returned).

I've also had a look at a few websites and found this to be most usefull http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...41050760,24632,

So any experiences...good or bad will be most welcome.

Ta muchly

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
jevs said:
Has anyone every reclaimed some or all of their charges from the banks or credit card companies.

I'm going to start claiming back mine soon.....and there's plenty to claim back believe me and i'd just like to hear people's experiences.

I will probably do it off my own back but i have contacted a company who will do it all for you for 20% commission (of the charges returned).

I've also had a look at a few websites and found this to be most usefull http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...41050760,24632,

Ta muchly

Try the which website they have some example letters that you can use im just in the process of doing the same thing, and was actually put onto the idea of the which website by a bank employee!! who said as far as he was aware HSBC had yet to refuse a claim!!!:clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was offered £90 with a deadline of 10 days to claim - as good will :glare:

I lost most of my statements during the student haze, but may well write to them again. The lady stated all the terms were in the contract, but I will throw some case law at her.

:clap2:

Power to the people.

*awaits - I have never had an overdraft in my life comments....:yawn: :jester: *

Yoda

English & European

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Barrel of Fun said:
I was offered £90 with a deadline of 10 days to claim - as good will :glare:

I lost most of my statements during the student haze, but may well write to them again. The lady stated all the terms were in the contract, but I will throw some case law at her.

:clap2:

Power to the people.

*awaits - I have never had an overdraft in my life comments....:yawn: :jester: *

You fool. You should follow my example. I've never had an overdraft in my li.......

Oh :down:

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
jevs said:

Ta muchly

Haloween mask and a sawn off shooter whilst jumping up onto the counter shouting swear words incorporating 'GIVE ME THE f***ing MONEY'.
That's the only way you will claim it back..
SAD BUT TRUE!
You wait fot the other charges that they are bringing in because of losing money from late payments etc etc....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here