Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recession, Over the worst. Good job conservatives arn't in power

larus

Every Labour administration has been kicked out because it f***ed up the economy.

Even allowing for the huge amount of debts which is not included in the 'public debt' figures (PFI), we are going to be well buggered in a few years. When taxes go up and public services get cut (which, dumbnuts, they are going to have to, under which ever party wins the next general election), it's going to seriously bugger growth, as everything which can be taxed, will be taxed.

GB has been a lucky and lying chancellor. He was lucky that he inherited sound public finances from the Tories last time round. Ken Clarke was forecasting a huge surplus on the public finances which proved to be correct. GB has wasted all that, plus the tax on the utilities, tax on Pension funds (which has totally f***ed a lot of people up for their retirement), the 3G licenses, etc,etc. He said about investing only if the country can afford it, a budget balanced over the business cycle, but he kept changing the rules and announcing the same spending figures in each budget as if they were new amounts of money.

If you think he's done a good job, please explain what else he needed to screw up before you would say he's done a bad job.

Jeez.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Thing is this...

If the Tories had been in power since 1997 would they have done any different to the current government?

The answer lies in the boom of the 1980's. So to say that the current economic crisis is the fault of the labour party is daft...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Thing is this...

If the Tories had been in power since 1997 would they have done any different to the current government?

The answer lies in the boom of the 1980's. So to say that the current economic crisis is the fault of the labour party is daft...

They wouldn't have brought in all these stealth taxes that Labour has for one - They wouldn't have taxed alot of people out of being able to afford to live without having to rely on banks and credit cards to borrow money to afford day to day life.

They wouldn't have sold the countries gold reserves off at rock bottom prices.

They would have stopped the banks lending so irresponsibly

- Labour inherited an economy that was in very good shape when the Tories lost power, the economy is not screwed. so i guess that you think that is an achievement for Labour to be proud of? - need i go on?

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Capitalism is the culprit comrades , but i suppose thats a whole new thread.

No it's not, and yes it is.

Why don't you start it off, I've got a quiet day at work today and could just go a binfest. I've got my Rich Tea biscuits ready and everything...

:thumbsup:

But we're alreading in a bloody economic whirlwind.

The Torys hate the working class? Your wong, they hate everyone and only want to make themselves richer and richer and will sell evreything this country owns to Switzerland.

Where would you like me to start with the muppetude in this comment? The mainstream political parties don't "hate" anyone. They all want the country to develop and progress (though they have different ways they think we should do it - this is called policies. Some work,and some don't (and some are catastrophic.)

We could sell about 1% of the country to the Swiss, which is about what they could afford...

I'd like to earn more than I do now - does that make me a Tory?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Greed is the cultrit.

Capitalism allows progress. IMO.

Who are the pioneers of greed ...yes , thatcher and the conservatives,

Thatchers children have got us into this mess + so many want to go back to those dark dark days .

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

Thatchers children have got us into this mess + so many want to go back to those dark dark days .

Truly that is laughable. Thatcher pioneered greed! In the history of time there were greedy people before Thatcher was even born (most predominately in Britains history during the expansion of our empire). There have been greedy people throughout the history of mankind across all countries.

She also left office nearly 19 years ago, the Tories 12 years ago, haven't Brown and Blair had enough time to rectify the wrongs you or they believed she had made.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
How anyone can still back Labour after everything that has happened in the last 12 years amazes me. Our finances are completely f##ked and Gordon already sold off our gold reserves.

Over a trillion pounds in debt, taxes will go up and up after the election. Thanks Blair & Brown, thanks a trillion.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Truly that is laughable. Thatcher pioneered greed! In the history of time there were greedy people before Thatcher was even born (most predominately in Britains history during the expansion of our empire). There have been greedy people throughout the history of mankind across all countries.

She also left office nearly 19 years ago, the Tories 12 years ago, haven't Brown and Blair had enough time to rectify the wrongs you or they believed she had made.

left office 19 years ago making thatchers children in their 20's / 30's , the very people f***ing up the country. Dont you see its all thatchers fault ?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Where would you like me to start with the muppetude in this comment? The mainstream political parties don't "hate" anyone. They all want the country to develop and progress (though they have different ways they think we should do it - this is called policies. Some work,and some don't (and some are catastrophic.)

We could sell about 1% of the country to the Swiss, which is about what they could afford...

I'd like to earn more than I do now - does that make me a Tory?

I was joking. I have voted for the Tory party. I was pointing out what a silly statement: "The torys hate working class people" was.

So 15 years of growth was the Labour partys sucsess, but the nearly two years of ressesion is the Torys fault. How does that work?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
left office 19 years ago making thatchers children in their 20's / 30's , the very people f***ing up the country. Dont you see its all thatchers fault ?

I thought Thatcher only had two children.

:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here