Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Recall Duffy ?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Anyone that saw the Old Firm this weekend can surely attest to both the state of Duffy as a human being and the state of his performance.

He looked like he’d rolled out onto the pitch straight from Molly Malone’s.

Thankfully there is no break clause in his loan agreement.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For me it boils down to the following;

Given Potter clearly sees White as a midfielder, is Duffy a better option at CB than Burn?

For me the answer to that has to be yes.
Burn isn't good enough - no shame in that, but the manager needs to give his head a wobble if he can't see that himself. With that said, it doesn't mean there is a place for Duffy. I'd rather we bought someone than recall Duffy on current form, especially if it is true that he is too fond of the pub.

As for White in midfield, I still don't understand why he persists with this. Burn's selection and White in midfield are the reasons I'm on the fence rather than firmly Potter in. They are absurd footballing decisions imo.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
fair few pics on social media of Duffy and ( Brown i think ) out on the piss in Dubai after the old firm game.

Not sure if genuine but few photos of them in various bars etc

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
fair few pics on social media of Duffy and ( Brown i think ) out on the piss in Dubai after the old firm game.

Not sure if genuine but few photos of them in various bars etc

Probably is, they went there to train and will obviously do some team bonding (= get drunk) stuff as well, cant see the drama in it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It seems crazy - a lot of trashy Brits have been going to Dubai and plenty of reports of Emirates etc being very lax on enforcing masks on planes. Dubai has been rammed with Brits recently to and as a result COVID cases are rocketing (they were very low and suddenly hitting 1500+ cases per day in UAE) - Some expats I know living there are not impressed but a football club going there and engaging in drinking etc is a big piss take

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Given Potter clearly sees White as a midfielder.

I don't think this is a given. I think GP sees White as flexible but I don't see any 'clear' evidence that he thinks of Ben White as a midfielder.

For defensive midfield we have: Davy Propper has been injured and ill (long covid perhaps), Alzate has been injured and unwell but until that point was a regular with Bissouma, The Llama is very injury prone as we know, Molumby inexperienced, not really Pascal's position, definitely not Ali Mac's position.

I believe that GPott thinks that White can pass a ball and generally looks to be progressive. That makes him versatile, not a midfielder. And he has used that versatility because we lack suitable cover.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Well ? Would you recall Duffy ?

IMO he's a better defender than Webster and at set pieces more likely to score.

Webster is comfortable driving forward with the ball at his feet, Duffy isn't. Duffy was a good at attacking corners and defending them, but on one on ones with pacy strikers...Burn reminds me all too much of Duffy. Even if we could, a big no from me. Would rather see us get the left back we need.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
01D1EE6C-2F50-40A0-B807-1CC681CE6D6C.jpeg

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Burn isn't good enough - no shame in that, but the manager needs to give his head a wobble if he can't see that himself. With that said, it doesn't mean there is a place for Duffy. I'd rather we bought someone than recall Duffy on current form, especially if it is true that he is too fond of the pub.

As for White in midfield, I still don't understand why he persists with this. Burn's selection and White in midfield are the reasons I'm on the fence rather than firmly Potter in. They are absurd footballing decisions imo.

got to be white on the left in the future... got to be

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Duffy has left the Celtic 'training camp' to fly home to the UK for 'Family reasons'

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Absolutely not, however I do think we miss that player to attack defensive corners like Big Shane did. It's just that I think he's a worse overall defender than Dunk (captain and general strong performer), Webster (most consistent performer this season), White (best defensive prospect and still improving) and Veltman (calm and reassuring head at the back) these days.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gifted Motherwell a 91st minute equaliser tonight....

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Gifted Motherwell a 91st minute equaliser tonight....
A bit harsh. He cleared one off the line only as far as one of their players. Hibs btw.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Absolutely not, however I do think we miss that player to attack defensive corners like Big Shane did. It's just that I think he's a worse overall defender than Dunk (captain and general strong performer), Webster (most consistent performer this season), White (best defensive prospect and still improving) and Veltman (calm and reassuring head at the back) these days.

If they're so good how come they're so bad???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here