Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
659Fat_Cow_w.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stoaty Ferret said:
What the hell are SCR playing at. That twat Colon needs a kick in the c**t.

Agreed

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Isn’t the first picture, a German (played by Hugh Laurie) on Blackadder II who wants to kill the royal family and is rather good at disguises?

“…yes, I was that sheep” etc.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Apologies for only half an hour, but orders from above, would have been prepared to have stayed until 5, despite the result.
Colon 'advised' about future caller screening.
And Repugnant Toad just remind my what you actually do in the grand scheme of things...........oh yes I remember now, just hide behind your keyboard with your very amusing nom de plume.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Harty said:
Apologies for only half an hour, but orders from above, would have been prepared to have stayed until 5, despite the result.
Colon 'advised' about future caller screening.
And Repugnant Toad just remind my what you actually do in the grand scheme of things...........oh yes I remember now, just hide behind your keyboard with your very amusing nom de plume.

It is a fans phone in Harty....

When we go away, we get on local fans phone ins and everyone thinks its fun....when a palace fan gets on yours its all hell breaks loose....Brighton fans are very anal sometimes!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Don't you find the endless banging on about mystery investors a fraction tiresome yourself? I don't doubt it would be nice, but simply coming out with "Dick Knight has to take someone's money ..." is just tedious. Unless you care to name someone ...

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
To be fair Repugnant Dick Knight has had to take £4million of Billy Brown and Norman Cook's money in the last 2 years to keep the club afloat, something which was slightly overlooked in the euphoria of the falmer green light.
I'm not so sure about Norman, he and his wife might open a ballroom dancing school, but Mr Brown has serious money and with Falmer on the horizon now might be the time to offer him shares in the Albion in exchange for funds we can spend now, or when the window opens, in the transfer market to keep us in this league until such times as we have our new stadium.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Harty said:
To be fair Repugnant Dick Knight has had to take £4million of Billy Brown and Norman Cook's money in the last 2 years to keep the club afloat, something which was slightly overlooked in the euphoria of the falmer green light.
I'm not so sure about Norman, he and his wife might open a ballroom dancing school, but Mr Brown has serious money and with Falmer on the horizon now might be the time to offer him shares in the Albion in exchange for funds we can spend now, or when the window opens, in the transfer market to keep us in this league until such times as we have our new stadium.

Lots of "mights" in there Harty.

Harty said:

I always though the current policy was that there was a standing offer to take anyone's money provided they don't want over 50 per cent. You'll let us know if you hear anything different, Harty? :)

Out of interest, do you agree with the "no majority investor" policy? It could put off some potential investors in the club, that's true enough.

But we all know why it's there!

Last edited:

1066gull

Be honest.

What are the chances of someone wanting to invest in us? We can't just sit here and hope someone will come, we have to make do what we got already.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think that's a very good point about the 'no major investor' policy.

Laudable - and understandable - though the reasons were for it in the first place, the fact is that normally that is not how big business is conducted in this country.

Those investing big money want a say, or a stake, or normally both. Running a football club has also always had at least a slight element of ego attached to it, being the leader, it was ever thus. And not all chairmen/directors are villains.

We may be in danger of actually cutting our own throats over this policy by seeing bogeymen everywhere, when the reality could be that normal checks/interviews with potential board members may be enough.

Tricky one, two very valid points of view. On balance I think it could be an idea to ease the wording. Doubtless I'll now be accused of wanting Archer back.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not tricky at all Tooting - that 50% clause is there for a reason. The occasion investor being put off by this clause is a price well worth paying for the protection against unscrupulous potential asset stripping board members,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here