Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reassurance needed! Time for a fans' forum?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
It's been years since we've had to seriously worry about what's happening ON the pitch - this is obviously a testimony to some great managers and players and to the board. (It's also just as well, given the never ending battles we've had to fight OFF it!) Most Albion fans (not all) accept the financial restrictions and realise that for the Albion to come through in the long term we have to battle against the odds in the short term - all the recent managers, McGhee included, have done wonders in this regard. The unity and team spirit has been awesome (Charlie's part in this is enough reason in itself for him to continue his career at the Albion in my view).

BUT....I think we are right to be rather worried now. No over-reaction and no taking sides (to be honest I don't think either MM or Leon comes out too well from this) but many people have questions, not least myself. I spoke briefly to Dick Knight today (he was very busy 'trying to sign players'....that's a good sign!!) and will do so again soon.

Time for a fans' forum?

What do you think?

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
:clap: yeaaaaa

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yes, sounds good to me.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
not until the LDC have decided or completed what they are doing, then we need to ask questions based on that, because as far as I'm concerned the future (Falmer) is more important than McGhee & Leons fall-out.
When we know what LDC are upto there needs to be answers to the "What If...?" questions that will arise.

Screw the football...its all about the business :thumbsup:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
attila said:

to be honest I don't think either MM or Leon comes out too well from this but many people have questions, not least myself. I spoke briefly to Dick Knight today (he was very busy 'trying to sign players'....that's a good sign!!) and will do so again soon.

Time for a fans' forum?

What do you think?

Wise words, both MM and Leon have handled this poorly.

Thank god DK is looking to sign players, please be a left back and a striker and YES to a fans forum

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Think they might struggle to find a venue big enough to seat all the fans that would want to go to this! How much does it cost to book the Brighton Centre??

Dr Feelgood

Banned
Feb 15, 2004
worthing
Marc said:
not until the LDC have decided or completed what they are doing, then we need to ask questions based on that, because as far as I'm concerned the future (Falmer) is more important than McGhee & Leons fall-out.
When we know what LDC are upto there needs to be answers to the "What If...?" questions that will arise.

Screw the football...its all about the business :thumbsup:
Total agreement with you there,I lose more sleep over this court case than I would over MM and Knights spat that I really dont care about.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What would it achieve?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ithink the LK & MM fall out has taken on a bigger prominence because of the success of Falmer and the fact that our minds are now moving on towards the light at the end of the long dark tunnel. We see that as a battle that we have won or at least done all we can there is nothing left that we can do on that score so our scope broadens to other issues.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Dr Feelgood said:
Total agreement with you there,I lose more sleep over this court case than I would over MM and Knights spat that I really dont care about.
And that's why we need to be united and not waste time arguing over who is a good fan or why STHs are quiet or why Steve Coppell did better with Leon than MM. The bottom line is Norman Baker, Ann DeVecchi and Neil Commin are hell bent on driving our club out of existence. So we should have some sense of proportion.
Having said that a forum wouldn't be a bad idea. But hey lets turn it into a fans love in.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If not a forum then a press release. I see from ceefax that the board are due to meet to decided Leon's fate. I understand that they will not say anything until then but they need to say what happened and what is being put in place to stop it happening again.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mcshane in the 79th said:
Think they might struggle to find a venue big enough to seat all the fans that would want to go to this! How much does it cost to book the Brighton Centre??

You'd be surprised how few fans do turn up. (before anyone takes a swipe at me, I have only been to two myself)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here