Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why the Champions League is bollocks...

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Never pay attention to the champions league untill it reaches the knock out stages, i seem to recall that both bayern and united weren't champions when they got to the final in '99. I know united deffinetly weren't!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
filthy said:
Never pay attention to the champions league untill it reaches the knock out stages, i seem to recall that both bayern and united weren't champions when they got to the final in '99. I know united deffinetly weren't!

I dont subscribe to this either. So what if Man U weren't champions the rules are the rules whether we think its fair or not. Also, surely it is now more difficult to win the Champions league than the old European Cup as you have to beat 3 or 4 teams from Spain, Italy and Germany rather than just 1. At the end of the day this has got to be harder than say Gothenburg in the last 8.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
But HS, what is more ridiculous, having only Gothenburg to beat to progress, or not even needing to beat Gothenburg to progress, just fielding your reserves as you're already through, or will have 5 more chances to make up for it? Even worse IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here