Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons for not going to Scumhurst

D

Drips

I’ve heard some piss poor excuses for not travelling, like its £30 & the OB are too rough sob sob...
WTF is the matter with ya?
Its palace, the closest team to us & our biggest rivals.
Id rather not see our following 5 games than miss this one

There are only 3 reasons for not travelling to the Theatre of Sainsbury’s trolleys

1) A death in the family.
2) Serious illness in the family
3) You live abroad

That’s it,
Unless you can convince me differently.

Lets sell the place out, are we a big club or not?

Yap, I’ve been drinking :drink: but I had to get this off my chest.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Even the three excuses are pretty lame.

1. Death in the family - it is probably someone you don't like anyway
2. Serious illness - they will still be there the day after so see them then.
3. Living abroad - Use a bloody cheap frils airline you tight fisted git.

The only excuse you can have for not going is if you die before hand but ensure you pass on your ticket for the game i.e in your will.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I strongly object to being ripped off, especially by Simon Jordan. £30 is a total rip off and is only the start of the cost of going to the game, by the time I add in the cost of taking time offwork and train fares etc, I just can't afford it. That's one of the problems with having a wife, kid and mortgage I'm afraid. That's why I only go to a handful of games at Withdean each season.

Out of interest, just how expensive would it have to be before you couldn't afford to go to football.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Drips said:
I’ve heard some piss poor excuses for not travelling, like its £30 & the OB are too rough sob sob...
WTF is the matter with ya?
Its palace, the closest team to us & our biggest rivals.
Id rather not see our following 5 games than miss this one

There are only 3 reasons for not travelling to the Theatre of Sainsbury’s trolleys

1) A death in the family.
2) Serious illness in the family
3) You live abroad

That’s it,
Unless you can convince me differently.

Number 3! Really wish I could go though, so someone go on my behalf!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
The 3 main reasons for some fans not travelling are.

1) Scared of getting caught up in violence.

2) Too expensive.

3) The inevitable result of Palace winning on top of a £30.00 ticket

Tell me none of them are true.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not going as I just can't afford it.

It's all very well for some of you bigging it up about how much money you're on but I'm skint; my salary cheque comes in today and and after all the direct debits have come out, I have about £100 to last me through October. I simply can't spend 30% of my disposable income on one football match.

Not having the money strikes me as a perfectly reasonable excuse. You might well be minted Drips, but not all of us are.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
£30 a ticket . This was announced about 2 months before the game. For those whinging Im sure £30 spread over 9 weeks would not really make you homeless.
Yes beer + travel pushes it up but on a budget this could esily be done for £55 . When the fixtures came out we knew when Palace was so make some provisions.
£55 is hardly massive money these days is it !

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Croydonbloke said:
The 3 main reasons for some fans not travelling are.

1) Scared of getting caught up in violence.

2) Too expensive.

3) The inevitable result of Palace winning on top of a £30.00 ticket

Tell me none of them are true.

All of them aren't true.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've decided to go, but I'm sceptical of the way I'll be treated by plod.

To be honest, I was very close to not bothering - and if this experience goes the same way as the last, I really won't be going next time.

And £30 IS a lot of money to some people. To be honest, I can think of many better ways to spend it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Simster said:

And £30 IS a lot of money to some people. To be honest, I can think of many better ways to spend it.

Simster that is garbage, If we win 3-0 what better ways are there of spending £30? Thats just over a round of drinks in a London boozer!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Brighton Bloke said:
Nah its number one. I hear that you will on the lookout for a rumble.

:p
Only for you.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: You know you`re talking nonsense with that one BB. I`m on the look out for a good Palace performance at the moment and one is about to come very soon I hope.:drink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion Dan said:
Simster that is garbage, If we win 3-0 what better ways are there of spending £30? Thats just over a round of drinks in a London boozer!
You're having a laugh. I'm not poor by any stretch of the imagination but I've just taken on a hefty mortgage (which might prove to be a mistake) and I have two kids and one income. Consequently I've started expecting VALUE from my disposable income. For examply, it costs £52 for my WHOLE family to get into Chessington ALL DAY (although the kids are under 4). So £30 to be herded around like animals (and with a fair number of utter chavs), to watch a football match with no guarantee of a decent performance is a bit STEEP in my opinion.

Five years ago, I wouldn't have said that - but my priorities have changed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Reasons for not going to Scumhurst

Uncle Buck said:
But contrary to the NSC gospel, we are not and have never been a big club...
We were DEFINITELY a big club in the late '70s. Our crowds were HUGE at a time when football crowds were in drastic decline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here