Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons against firing MM

Leaving aside all the good things he's done, what would we gain if we got rid of him?

1 We'd have to pay up his contract. No idea how much but at least 6 figures I would guess

2 If we got someone else in what guarantee is there that he'd do any better? We go through all the cost and hassle and find someone new but we probably still go down.

3 And if we did get someone in, and we did stay up, what are the chances of us not struggling next season - nil in my opinion. We are always going to struggle in this division until either Falmer comes on stream or we find a sugar daddy and neither of these is going to happen in the short term. We all know our financial situation is not going to change significantly in the next couple of seasons (unless you or I or Dick win the Euro Lottery)

So I don't see what we have to gain by getting rid of him - it'll cost us money we can't afford and there's a pretty good chance we won't be any better off football wise.

What do we have to gain by keeping him?

1 We keep a manager who has done a teriffic job on limited resources (OK, with a few hiccups tactically and maybe man-management wise)

2 We get someone who seems (when you talk to him) to have a genuine affection for the club and confidence in the future

3 And we get to keep someone who has been extremely loyal to us. Do you think Peter Taylor would have stayed under these circumstances? Or Steve Coppell? Even Micky Adams made it pretty clear all along that he would be off when he got the chance of Premiership football (and I don't blame him one bit for that.)

To me, it's a no-brainer. We should encourage the guy, support him and if we go down then we'll at least have a chance of coming back up either next season or the one after.
To me the nightmare scenario is to struggle for the next 3 seasons and hang on in this division by the skin of our teeth and then go down the season before Falmer. THAT would put a downer on season ticket sales at Falmer in year 1. Much better to be on an upward move and get promoted the year before Falmer opens.

And even if by some miracle we do stay in this division till Falmer we'll be even worse off than we are now. Ouyr costs are much higher in this division but our income is the same. That doesn't make any sort of business sense.

Last edited:

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
We may, thats MAY gain some wins, or even just a few points.

Take Leicester and Derby as a example.

Sorry, you said reasons against....erm....um....it would cost money

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Virgo's Haircut said:
We may, thats MAY gain some wins, or even just a few points.

Take Leicester and Derby as a example.

Sorry, you said reasons against....erm....um....it would cost money
And WITHDEAN. You can't sack him because Withdean.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bob Booker taking over and losing all the next games.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
fosters headband said:
We would not have the repetative in or out polls after every game:lolol:

:lolol: :lolol: Or pointless threads like this.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The usual suspects will wade in with repetitive posts until they wear you down and you end up where cannot be bothered arguing any further.
Most people on either side are unmovable now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The reasons against sacking him are not very good compared to the reasons for sacking him except for one big issue. I dont think that it would make any difference to us being relegated as I am sure that that is what DK wants and if he was going to be sacked it would have been after the defeat at home to either Coventry or Millwall, that is if the board wanted us to stay up. It is now most apparent that they do not wish to avoid relegation.

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Yorkie said:

Most people on either side are unmovable now.
Unmoveable???

It's immoveable, surely?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
The reasons against sacking him are not very good compared to the reasons for sacking him except for one big issue. I dont think that it would make any difference to us being relegated as I am sure that that is what DK wants and if he was going to be sacked it would have been after the defeat at home to either Coventry or Millwall, that is if the board wanted us to stay up. It is now most apparent that they do not wish to avoid relegation.

And no doubt you have that on good authority as usual. Its obvious that the board want us to go down naturally.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it is a very fair assumption as they have done nothing to strengthen the side to avoid it. It is easy to say that we tried to get this man and that man and they wouldn't come etc. The proof of the puidding is in the eating and they haven't done anything to suggest that they wish to avoid relegation.

BensGrandad said:
I think that it is a very fair assumption as they have done nothing to strengthen the side to avoid it. It is easy to say that we tried to get this man and that man and they wouldn't come etc. The proof of the puidding is in the eating and they haven't done anything to suggest that they wish to avoid relegation.

What a surprise - you turn a thread about McGhee into a Dick Knight rant with wild speculation which you defend as if it is fact.

Never saw that coming. :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here