Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really worried about Falmer finance now

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Who, BG?

I think the blind optimism that non-housing projects will be free from the danger of a financial shortfall is a little misguided. Plenty of major projects are being delayed/postponed until market conditions pick up. Experts seem to think that Britain is in danger of facing the worst of the adverse economic conditions.

We shall have to wait and see.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Who, BG?

I think the blind optimism that non-housing projects will be free from the danger of a financial shortfall is a little misguided. Plenty of major projects are being delayed/postponed until market conditions pick up. Experts seem to think that Britain is in danger of facing the worst of the adverse economic conditions.

We shall have to wait and see.

The company I was talking about that now can't raise additional finance is non-housing. It's normally a cut and dried easy lend, but yet the bank has shut up shop. What project it is, is irrelevant, barring exceptional circumstances banks will not lend significant sums in the next few months. Maybe the Albion can start the stadium build and hope that finances free up in the new year.

Oh and by the way I thought the diggers were only there for the archealogical dig. Not really starting work yet is it?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
the money will be in place in phases. X amount here, X amount there. By April next year , when the stadium works kick i, another allocation of money will be in place. Banks will not lend £50million in one hit, it will be disshed out as and when its needed.

In theory..

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I guess, but then perhaps we have enough in the bank to start the project. It would not be the first to start and then grind to a halt or do we have to have all funding in place to commence the groundworks?

The council will not free up the land to start works unless we can prove to them that we have the finances in place to complete the stadium.

The fact that there is an archaelogical dig to check up on the make up of the ground we will be building on, and therefore what we would need to do in terms of the foundations for the stadium must be a clear indication that we are still looking to starting the building work in a few months time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here