Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really old graffiti

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
From a discussion in the pub before the Northampton game:

Is there any graffiti in the world older than "Send Cruise Back" on the bridge leading up to Withdean? Its been there since I was a kid, I'm guessing it dates from the early 1980s.

There was something sprayed for years on the railway bridge near the Goldstone, but none of us could remember what it said.

Any suggestions?

There was a very long-standing scrawl on a concrete structure, visible from the A23, at Pyecombe that might even still be there:-

CBR 30th

Does anyone - apart from me - know what this might be all about?

Last edited:

edna krabappel said:
From a discussion in the pub before the Northampton game:

Is there any graffiti in the world older than "Send Cruise Back" on the bridge leading up to Withdean? Its been there since I was a kid, I'm guessing it dates from the early 1980s.

There was something sprayed for years on the railway bridge near the Goldstone, but none of us could remember what it said.

Any suggestions?
I think edna it was when Tom came to Brighton for the gala premier of Topgun in 1985.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
BHA KILL LIVERPOOL is visible on the wall at the top of Green Street in Eastbourne as you get to the junction with the East Dean road. Despite someone's efforts to grit blast it off.

Must date back a VERY long time. Do kids today scrawl messages on walls saying Brighton might draw against Chesterfield?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
they removed a clock in Connolly Station here and found "6-1-1954" scrawled behind it, appears they painted over the "kilroy waz ere" bit of it though....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
On the M40 as you approach the M25 there is a huge fence in a field on the left, must be 150metres long, on it reads

WHY DO YOU DO THIS EVERY DAY?

in massive letters.

There used to be something on the supports for the Shoreham flyover, it was there for years, but my brain just can't recall it, any ideas?

Sep 12, 2006
NewtownRoad said:
"CPFC DIE" at the bottom of the steps at Hove station dates from way back. The wall should be put in Brighton Museum.

that is a classic. i wonder is a nsc user is the culprit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here