Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REALLY dont want MM to go........

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Gaffer said:
I do not think he deserves to go unless it is true that he has lost the confidence of both the board and dressing room. If that is so then new manager please. But all we have is Andy Naylor's word re the board room and rumours re the players.

Unfortunately, it seems odds on that it IS true.....

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lokki 7 said:
We will if the players do not respect the manager, which unfortunately seems to be the case going by the last 4 months worth of games.

As usual, based on what ? He's fallen out withsome players (a handful) so how do you arrive at this bold pronoucement ? Show me a manager who hasn't fallen out with a player and I'll show you Jimmy Case.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Lokki 7 said:
Up until the Stoke game I agreed with you. Watching that debacle gave me a nasty permonition of what next season could be like if things don't change.

Indeed. It was clear from that performance that the players don't want to work for him, and that at the very least, a significant proportion of the crowd are against him. That's no basis on which to go into next season.

Better clubs than us have gone straight through the second division, and only sacking McGhee is going to halt that slide.

Some bloody good,reasoned posts on here,refreshing after most of the horse piss we've had to put up with this week"I know someone you don't"load of old bollox,McGhee can get us out of this league,whether He can take us forward in the Championship will not be known until Falmer is built,simple.

bhaexpress said:
As usual, based on what ? He's fallen out withsome players (a handful) so how do you arrive at this bold pronoucement ? Show me a manager who hasn't fallen out with a player and I'll show you Jimmy Case.

Nothing to do with falling out with particular players, although as you bring it up of course that is also a negative against him.
No, if you read my post then you will see I base my view on watching most of our games this season, and the change in performances over the last 4 months. It seems obvious to me that the players no longer want to play for McGhee. They did in October but there has been a gradual decline culminating in the Stoke fiasco. We need a manager who can get the most out of a limited squad/ playing budget, and I no longer belive McGhee is that man. If you don't agree fine, I'm not remotely bothered, I'm just stating my view on a message board and it seems I am not alone in that view.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
personally i dont want him to go either. but it looks too late to save him. i hope im wrong and he stays. i have my reasons why he should stay but they have been mentioned by others on here.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
For those who want him out just consider the impact on the youth set up.

This from SCR: Brighton youth coach Dean Wilkins feels boss Mark McGhee has worked wonders for the junior ranks of the club. McGhee's future has been the subject of speculation following the Seagulls' relegation from the Championship, amid reports of boardroom disagreements.

But Wilkins told BBC Southern Counties Radio: "He's the best manager we've worked with for bringing the kids in.

"We just try and provide quality players for the club, and Mark's done a great job as far as that goes."

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Lokki 7 said:
Nothing to do with falling out with particular players, although as you bring it up of course that is also a negative against him.
No, if you read my post then you will see I base my view on watching most of our games this season, and the change in performances over the last 4 months. It seems obvious to me that the players no longer want to play for McGhee. They did in October but there has been a gradual decline culminating in the Stoke fiasco. We need a manager who can get the most out of a limited squad/ playing budget, and I no longer belive McGhee is that man. If you don't agree fine, I'm not remotely bothered, I'm just stating my view on a message board and it seems I am not alone in that view.

I know this could be said as passing the buck, but what we'vr really missed the past 4 months is a naturel leader on the pitch. Agree with you that performances have slipped the past 4 months, or since Charlie was injured. I have been very much in the pro McGhee camp this season, but there have been some very good points on here, like losing the dressing room, which is NOT falling out with players. I still think he deserves a chance to put it right next season, but there was something about Sunday that just didn't seem right. Yes in reality it was a dead fixture, but nobody seemed up for it at all, almost as if people had been told their futures may not be here.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
graz126 said:
personally i dont want him to go either. but it looks too late to save him. i hope im wrong and he stays. i have my reasons why he should stay but they have been mentioned by others on here.

I'll 2nd that :thumbsup:

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I think it would be outrageous to sack him. his loyalty to a club with so little going for it should be rewarded in a positive manner. Not with the sack.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
The importance of loyalty has gone out of the window it seems.
We were always favourites to be relegated last season,although the manner of the decline was worrying.

If we get a new manager at the helm, who does well with us, ala Sean O'Driscoll. Without a shadow of doubt he will be off to higher reaches at the first opportunity. With McGhee there's little chance of this happening as he's been around the circuit long enough.

McGhee's record at Divison One is second to none and I for one would have liked to see him given a chance to redeem himself next season. Unfortunately it does'nt look like it is to be:(

Can we ill afford to pay off the final year of his contract? A bit hypocricial given our financial circumstances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here