Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REALLY dont want MM to go........

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
.....fair enough he's f***ed up a few times but give the geezer a chance in a league we KNOW he is proven in gaining promotion from.

He has limited budget / ground blah blah and all that bollox, but as much as we hate these reasons or excuses....they are VALID points.:O

I hope he stays next year to prove what can be done with the youngsters and a bit of experience. If we get another manager i bet any money (if he is half decent) he will leave within a year due to the same ol bollox coppell, taylor and mickey left!

call me a c*nt/tw@t or a blurred vision w@nker.......but i reckon he'll come good!!

The futures bright, the futures scottish!

:ohmy:

Last edited:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Blurred vision my friend.

I admire your honesty- and you have cut through the sactimonious rubbish on here.

At the end of the day we are either pro or anti McGhee.

I simply can't get passed the lack of motivation, and his little sound bites after away games that make me never want to follow this team away again with him in charge.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I do want him to go

We would have had a system in place that made us hard to beat.

Our players would have an idea what to do on set pieces.

The players would have been fitter.

He would have picked players in their correct positions.

He would have dropped those players who were clearly out of form.

We would not have gone down with a whimper but with all guns blazing.

Gritt, Wood and Horton had a much harder job at Gillingham. That really was no ground, facilities, money etc.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
...and the grass WILL be greener on the other side, I just know it will be, the sun'll come out tomorrow, bet ya bottom dollar (that's what the new chairman will certainly be doing) and we'll all live happily ever after for ever and ever. If only McGhee went.

Even if we have no f***ing clue who to replace him with, as well as being a lot worse off financially. Good work.

fourthteamtillidie said:

Not true. I like McGhee. He is a good bloke, honest and has achieved a lot in the game, and at Brighton. I personally think he would be a good League 1 manager and I don't want the club to have to pay him out dead money.
However, he seems to have lost the dressing room plus half the board room and at least half of the fans. I can't see any way back from this so a change of direction is required, and quickly. Sorry Mark but it's time for a change to revitalise the club.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I do not think he deserves to go unless it is true that he has lost the confidence of both the board and dressing room. If that is so then new manager please. But all we have is Andy Naylor's word re the board room and rumours re the players.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Brighton till i die said:
.....fair enough he's f***ed up a few times but give the geezer a chance in a league we KNOW he is proven in gaining promotion from.

He has limited budget / ground blah blah and all that bollox, but as much as we hate these easons or excuses....they are VALID points.:O

I hope he stays next year to prove what can be done with the yopungsters and a bit of experience. If we get another manager i bet any money (if he is half decent) he will leave within a year due to the same ol bollox coppell, taylor and mickey left!

call me a c*nt/tw@t or a blurred vision w@nker.......but i reckon he'll come good!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Brighton till i die said:

He has limited budget / ground blah blah and all that bollox, but as much as we hate these easons or excuses....they are VALID points.:O

I hope he stays next year to prove what can be done with the yopungsters and a bit of experience. If we get another manager i bet any money (if he is half decent) he will leave within a year due to the same ol bollox coppell, taylor and mickey left!

Couldn't agree more.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
fourthteamtillidie said:
Like Lokki7, it's not that cut and dried for me. Unlike Lokki7, I'd rather he stayed. My reasoning is that he is still in credit with this club and whilst he was a total disaster last season, I think he deserves the chance to put it right, and I don't think that a change of manager would improve that chance.

Simster said:
Like Lokki7, it's not that cut and dried for me. Unlike Lokki7, I'd rather he stayed. My reasoning is that he is still in credit with this club and whilst he was a total disaster last season, I think he deserves the chance to put it right, and I don't think that a change of manager would improve that chance.

Up until the Stoke game I agreed with you. Watching that debacle gave me a nasty permonition of what next season could be like if things don't change. I will still be sorry if/when he goes though. There are no winners.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stoke was a dead rubber for a pissed off relegated team, watched by under 6,000.

We won't start next season like that.

We will if the players do not respect the manager, which unfortunately seems to be the case going by the last 4 months worth of games.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I also hope he stays. The clubs that prosper in the long run, are those that have stability. Chopping and changing managers works in the short term, but then the new manager gets a few bad results, falls out of favour, and so the cycle begins again

MM has proved himself as a good manager with us, and with other clubs. He deserves a chance to show what he can achieve next season.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Lokki 7 said:
Up until the Stoke game I agreed with you. Watching that debacle gave me a nasty permonition of what next season could be like if things don't change. I will still be sorry if/when he goes though. There are no winners.

Inclined to agree. I was never a McGhee fan and for a long time wanted him out, however recently appreciated the fact that he actually wants to be Brighton manager, regardless of money,stadiums,players, unlike many other managers who jump ship as soon as things turn sour and their reputations are affected or guys who use our current situation as an excuse to bugger off elsewhere....but after that Stoke disaster, Im not so sure...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Lokki 7 said:
Not true. I like McGhee. He is a good bloke, honest and has achieved a lot in the game, and at Brighton. I personally think he would be a good League 1 manager and I don't want the club to have to pay him out dead money.
However, he seems to have lost the dressing room plus half the board room and at least half of the fans. I can't see any way back from this so a change of direction is required, and quickly. Sorry Mark but it's time for a change to revitalise the club.

I agree with you 100% - until about 1.40pm on Sunday I was pro-McGhee, despite relegation and some quite shocking performances this season. However, it was perfectly clear that a good proportion of the players don't want to play for McGhee any more, and, regardless of whose fault that is, the manager has to go in those circumstances. In addition, bearing in mind that most of the 5,000 or so Albion fans who turned up on Sunday would have been "hard core" - and likely to be more pro-McGhee than most, the fact that so many were clearly disgusted ia another key factor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here