Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reality Check ...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yup. This is possibly the best time EVER to be an Albion fan. Still so many people don't see it, somehow.

i can see that and i'm on the other side of the world FFS.......

never forget my 03/04 experience of withdean , boxing day ...0-2 to southend, the moaning was larrfable.........lot of whingers , always will be.:cool:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think I might have to move to the East Stand. Sounds like paradise.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
I'm in the East Stand Family section, and I've not really heard anyone moan, either on the concourses, in the East Stand Brasserie after, in our seats. The only moaning about the club I ever hear, is on here!

i am in WSU south side and there is no undue moaning there. in fact we have a nice little bunch of singers who tend to invent increasingly bizarre tunes for each player. top stuff. one guy a few rows down last yelled barnes you're a c*** at the top of his voice - and was roundly attacked with 'who are ya' from hundreds of us when he scored :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think I might have to move to the East Stand. Sounds like paradise.

That's not the half of it, I had my best pie so far last night at HT as well, Chicken Balti, steaming hot, packed with moist sauce and chicken. A lot of the young-un's are getting well involved with the singing as well now, and looking over toward the West stand and hearing the noise from that, plus adjacent to the North, it's a great place to be!

Come and join us, come and join us, come and join us over here!

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
Think about the last few seasons at the Goldstone, the journeys to Gillingham, the years of torment and sub-standard conditions at Withdean ....

Think about SOME of the players and managers we've had to endure, think of the players and managers we lost because we weren't an exciting or ambitious enough club ...

and now think where we are ...

We're one place outside of the play-offs, we have a brand new state-of-the-art stadium that is pretty much to 90% capacity most games, a fantastic manager, a state-of-the-art training academy on the horizon and staff to support it, we have some fantastic young players, we have a fanatical chairman whose family have been associated with The Albion for generations ...

and still we moan ...

Is it really that bad?

My suggestion, shut up and enjoy the ride, if you can't enjoy this may I suggest egg chasing or synchronised swimming

Yeah we know, we were there

we have come along way since then

and just because we were a team that had no ground, not great players and some very dodge managers we arent allowed an opinion now?

Gus and the players will make errors, people will have views on players, style of football and the team itself

no one will like everything, that doesnt make them a bad fan.. its just life

we have had a great season this season no doubt, i was happy to stay up this season, but if we had been more positive with our tactics from the start against Millwall and Cardiff we would have won.. so are we not allowed to comment on that? can i not say anything slight against the team? or should i just carry on talking about the day i sat in the rain against York City at the Withdean, saw one shot by us and we lost 1 - 0 in the last min...

we arent a league 2 club anymore and its time to put the past to bed

RANT OVER

from one very positive fan regarding this season and the players

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I'm in the East Stand Family section, and I've not really heard anyone moan, either on the concourses, in the East Stand Brasserie after, in our seats. The only moaning about the club I ever hear, is on here!
Agree with this I'm in the north stand no moaning where I am either. let,s just enjoy what We,ve got.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yeah we know, we were there

we have come along way since then

and just because we were a team that had no ground, not great players and some very dodge managers we arent allowed an opinion now?

Gus and the players will make errors, people will have views on players, style of football and the team itself

no one will like everything, that doesnt make them a bad fan.. its just life

we have had a great season this season no doubt, i was happy to stay up this season, but if we had been more positive with our tactics from the start against Millwall and Cardiff we would have won.. so are we not allowed to comment on that? can i not say anything slight against the team? or should i just carry on talking about the day i sat in the rain against York City at the Withdean, saw one shot by us and we lost 1 - 0 in the last min...

we arent a league 2 club anymore and its time to put the past to bed

RANT OVER

from one very positive fan regarding this season and the players

We're saying the same thing.

My point is that moaning is going too far and, in my opinion, aimed at the wrong things.

We play a much more disciplined way nowadays and a controlled build up style, people around me moan about this, they moan when a playerhas a run with the ball and losses it, they equally moan when a player passes it without "having a go".

Anyway, I'm lovin' this season, and the way we play. I think we were too defensive first half against Cardiff and we should have run at them as we did for parts of the second half. I think we're not playing in a way that suits CMS so we need to change our way, introduce someone to hold up the ball or we change CMS, that's all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here