Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reality Check - On This Day...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The quotes are about our past and under completely different circumstances, and the change in fortunes we have now of course we expect more so does Gus so do the players other wise they wouldn't bloody be here. i agree we come a long way but ffs stop comparing it with our pass efforts if and when some thing goes wrong.

Previously in this division our ambition was to stay up. This season realistically mid table would have been good. We have far exceeded that expectation.

If being level on points for the play-offs with 11 matches to go isn't good enough for you that's fine, everyone has different ambitions, but I would have grabbed this scenario with both hands at the start of the season.

We are in our highest position at the start of March since 1983, some of the football has been dull this year, but getting stuffed by the likes of Lincoln, Grimsby and Mansfield in the intervening years wasn't much fun either.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Back in those days though we didn't have 5 million plus to spend on players, we didn't have at least 5 prem players,we didn't have a 100 million stadium, we didn't have crowds of around 20.000, we didn't have Gus for a manager, i could go on
So i think we have the right to expect more simple's.

Are you Roman Abramovic? With that attitude mate you should go and support Chelsea. You and Roman can demand your instant success and see where it gets you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It isn't like we have more resources than those around us. In relative terms we are still exceeding our expectation. No one serious expected us to get automatic promotion this season. Most of us never expected to be flirting with the play offs. I would have taken not getting relegated personally.

We have not suddenly turned into a Premiership club.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Previously in this division our ambition was to stay up. This season realistically mid table would have been good. We have far exceeded that expectation.

If being level on points for the play-offs with 11 matches to go isn't good enough for you that's fine, everyone has different ambitions, but I would have grabbed this scenario with both hands at the start of the season.

We are in our highest position at the start of March since 1983, some of the football has been dull this year, but getting stuffed by the likes of Lincoln, Grimsby and Mansfield in the intervening years wasn't much fun either.

I don't disagree with you and i am more than happy, I'm just peed off when things do go wrong we are continually reminded of the past its time to move on but not forgotten.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
2011 - We played Brentford away in front of a massive crowd of 5,964.

2010 - We drew 0-0 away against Colchester in front of a HUGE crowd of 3,914, putting us 17th in League 1.

2008 - We lost 2-0 away against Carlisle in front of a mega crowd of 6,793 a result leaving us 12th in League 1.

2003 - After a rare 2-0 win over Rotherham infront of a home crowd of 6,468 we were 21st in the Championship, in the relegation zone and STRUGGLING.

I'm not only aiming this at the JCL's as i know a few who sit near me who are over the moon with 7th in the Championship and Excited by the current group of players we have.

But a message to all the moaning Albion fans - It has been worse, it will be worse again. Enjoy the good times, and accept the bad times.

We are 7th in the Championship, on the verge of the play offs... 27th in the Football League.

We have an AMAZING new stadium, which at times generates a superb atmosphere and the pies are f***ing awesome.

We have one of the most exciting young managers around.

We have an array of exciting foreign talent.

We have great young players coming through the Development Squad.

So just get behind the team yeah? Let's make the AMEX rock on Saturday and show gus and the lads how much we appreciate them. If we get into the play offs - Great. But if we don't we'll be back next year!

:albion2:

Dont forget the pies :rolleyes:

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Are you Roman Abramovic? With that attitude mate you should go and support Chelsea. You and Roman can demand your instant success and see where it gets you.

No and no, and f**k Chelsea cant stand them and the point i was making maybe not making it clear was with the sources we have now we would expect to do better not demanded or expecting instant success and as i have said previously more than happy where we are.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't disagree with you and i am more than happy, I'm just peed off when things do go wrong we are continually reminded of the past its time to move on but not forgotten.

The fact that we are the only unbeaten team in the league in 2012 out of 92 and you state things are going wrong suggests that you have high expectations.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No and no, and f**k Chelsea cant stand them and the point i was making maybe not making it clear was with the sources we have now we would expect to do better not demanded or expecting instant success and as i have said previously more than happy where we are.

If you compare our wage bill to the teams around us it is smaller

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Brentford away last year was one of my favourite away days. Tanno's celebrations in front of the crowd as the team walked off the pitch were a joy to behold.
Yep a great late own goal at brentford and this was my view of albion fans from the brentford end:D

Attachments

• 2011-03-08_21.45.43.jpg
    2011-03-08_21.45.43.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 7

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here