Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reality Check - On This Day...

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
2011 - We played Brentford away in front of a massive crowd of 5,964.

2010 - We drew 0-0 away against Colchester in front of a HUGE crowd of 3,914, putting us 17th in League 1.

2008 - We lost 2-0 away against Carlisle in front of a mega crowd of 6,793 a result leaving us 12th in League 1.

2003 - After a rare 2-0 win over Rotherham infront of a home crowd of 6,468 we were 21st in the Championship, in the relegation zone and STRUGGLING.

I'm not only aiming this at the JCL's as i know a few who sit near me who are over the moon with 7th in the Championship and Excited by the current group of players we have.

But a message to all the moaning Albion fans - It has been worse, it will be worse again. Enjoy the good times, and accept the bad times.

We are 7th in the Championship, on the verge of the play offs... 27th in the Football League.

We have an AMAZING new stadium, which at times generates a superb atmosphere and the pies are f***ing awesome.

We have one of the most exciting young managers around.

We have an array of exciting foreign talent.

We have great young players coming through the Development Squad.

So just get behind the team yeah? Let's make the AMEX rock on Saturday and show gus and the lads how much we appreciate them. If we get into the play offs - Great. But if we don't we'll be back next year!

:albion2:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex

2010 - We drew 0-0 away against Colchester in front of a HUGE crowd of 3,914, putting us 17th in League 1.

2008 - We lost 2-0 away against Carlisle in front of a mega crowd of 6,793 a result leaving us 12th in League 1.

2003 - After a rare 2-0 win over Rotherham infront of a home crowd of 6,468 we were 21st in the Championship, in the relegation zone and STRUGGLING.

I'm not only aiming this at the JCL's as i know a few who sit near me who are over the moon with 7th in the Championship and Excited by the current group of players we have.

But a message to all the moaning Albion fans - It has been worse, it will be worse again. Enjoy the good times, and accept the bad times.

We are 7th in the Championship, on the verge of the play offs... 27th in the Football League.

We have an AMAZING new stadium, which at times generates a superb atmosphere and the pies are f***ing awesome.

So just get behind the team yeah? Let's make the AMEX rock on Saturday and show gus and the lads how much we appreciate them. If we get into the play offs - Great. But if we don't we'll be back next year!

Amen to that!!!!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Excellent post and spot on!

But it was easier getting home from withdean for sure AND THE Q FOR TEA WAS SHORTER:moo:

D

Deleted member 22389

Spot On. There is no need for moaning.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Brentford away last year was one of my favourite away days. Tanno's celebrations in front of the crowd as the team walked off the pitch were a joy to behold.

All very well but the burger I had once wasn't very nice.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Possibly the only post that people need to read today, THIS!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Some sanity at last!

Quality post :bowdown:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4771794 said:
That was the game when we sang the Elliot Bennett song for about 15 minutes straight and only stopped because it got to half time!

Yep!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This should be stapled on everyone's foreheads. Mine included.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex

Can you turn this into a rousing song for us to sing?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Back in those days though we didn't have 5 million plus to spend on players, we didn't have at least 5 prem players,we didn't have a 100 million stadium, we didn't have crowds of around 20.000, we didn't have Gus for a manager, i could go on
So i think we have the right to expect more simple's.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Back in those days though we didn't have 5 million plus to spend on players, we didn't have at least 5 prem players,we didn't have a 100 million stadium, we didn't have crowds of around 20.000, we didn't have Gus for a manager, i could go on
So i think we have the right to expect more simple's.

Oh sweet Jesus. The point he is making is that three of those dates were in the last four years. Look at the strides we've made as a club. Having a £100m stadium doesn't guarantee you success.

We don't have a right to expect anything like where we're at at the moment in the timescale he's talking about... f*** it, I give up.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Oh sweet Jesus. The point he is making is that three of those dates were in the last four years. Look at the strides we've made as a club. Having a £100m stadium doesn't guarantee you success.

We don't have a right to expect anything like where we're at at the moment in the timescale he's talking about... f*** it, I give up.

The quotes are about our past and under completely different circumstances, and the change in fortunes we have now of course we expect more so does Gus so do the players other wise they wouldn't bloody be here. i agree we come a long way but ffs stop comparing it with our pass efforts if and when some thing goes wrong.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The quotes are about our past and under completely different circumstances, and the change in fortunes we have now of course we expect more so does Gus so do the players other wise they wouldn't bloody be here. i agree we come a long way but ffs stop comparing it with our pass efforts if and when some thing goes wrong.

I know about the circumstances. My point is - what right do we have to expect more?

Having a better stadium and more money doesn't automatically mean we will have success. What the money does is increase our chances of success; but that success that still has to be earned.

The comparison with recent times is valid, unless you wish to dismiss our recent history out of hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here